IGNORED

New Striker - Let The Fans Buy One!

Br 1st ol

Apparently City were not happy to pay £100,000 for Mark Robins or Jamie Cureton.

Well if we had a 10,000 crowd for just one match and each fan chucked a tenner in a bucket we could have signed one of them! (wages excluded of course)

Other clubs have done this with great results...

Why dont we put our money where our mouths are?

I pledge £10 here and now to the We need a Striker Fund

If it gets us up why not?

How proud would we all feel if it was our player that got the goals...

Who else is joining the campaign?

We DON'T need a striker. We have some very competent strikers. What we need is someone who can possibly deliver the ball to our strikers from the byline. We know this isn't Freezer because DW will continue to play him on the right where he has to constantly switch inside. We know this isn't Brown. He just can't cross the ball from the byline. In fact, he rarely gets near the byline as he seems to freeze whenever he gets within 20yds of the line.

What might be an option is playing Freezer on the left and Roberts on the right. But we know this will never happen.

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

We have people who can deliver, the trouble is our strikers just don't gamble on crosses. For instance name the last time a City striked scored a goal sliding in. Or a the last time a stirker scored in the six yard box.

We have people who can deliver, the trouble is our strikers just don't gamble on crosses. For instance name the last time a City striked scored a goal sliding in. Or a the last time a stirker scored in the six yard box.
peacock is never in the six yard box because most of the time

he is out on the flank looking for the ball :rolleyes:

Guest carter

i agree that miller will score for fun if he had discent balls in the box so therefore how can play wide and get good balls in the box-

*aaron brown the only discent balls he plays are corners and that only because the ball isnt moving.

*Luke wilkshire never gets wide enough as he cant out run a snail.

*goodfellow would rather cut in and shot

*louis carey doenst know how to bring the ball forward

*matty does well but end product isnt good probably cus he knows that he will need to cover for butlers endless misstakes.

*bell good show on tuesday but out of favour with wilson this term

*woodman excellent delivery most of the time but often a sub

*kevin injured again unlucky bloke but same as woodman excellent delivery most of the time but wilson luvs carey

*FINALLY- christian well doesnt no what a cross is!

Carey played som egood balls on Tuesday night, plenty of vision to try to pick out Miller & Peacock etc.

The problem with the lack of goals is the lack of quality service to the front, keep on banging in quality crosses and the goals will be there.

Corners - Tommy's were rubbish on Tuesday - soft floating - far too easy for the keeper. AB's were better, but put too short and low on ocassion. We must have someone who can deliver a qulaity corner every time ??

without Tinman - who was a god when he was quicker and worked so well on the left with bell - we are stuck for quality on the final ball...

Roberst aint a winger and Goodfellow - who is prob the most experienced gets played outta position - gve the boy a chance i say...

Roberts - Doc - Tinman - Goodfellow

Miller - Lita

I say!

Back to the original post, irrespective of in what position we need players, I agree with the principle that the fans could contribute a significant amount of money towards a player purchase. It would need to be very carefully organised, but if the fans knew that thier money was going to buy a player and not on anything else, then I think a lot of people would contribute. Many would put in more than the £10 suggested if they were guaranteed that it was for a player purchase.

This sort of scheme wouldn't realistically be quick to set up, but I believe that it could work.

The Gas are considering a similar move for Matthews and ended up with 40p,a luncheon voucher and a packet of chewing gum !

No seriously I remember the Blue few diving into their pockets to ensure the return of the prodigal "Tesco's Reject"Paul Randle back in the 80's for £50000.

What a waste of money !!

:P:rolleyes:

Knowing how fickle City fans are I suspect that if the player we bought didn't score for two games the majority of contributors would be trying to get their money back.

Unfortunately the money for transfers is not usually the issue. Its the wages and other things that cause the problems.

If every1 did do this i would be up for doing that but

who would you like and in that price range and being realistic who do you think will come ???????

i personally would like that taylor from blackpool but being realistic i think heffernan would be worth a try and he seems a good scorer what do u lot think ???

This topic does raise a big question of "why can't we give the club money?"

Obviously there are those going week in, week out and others not so often, and then there's the replica kits and other things - but what about those people who would like to contribute more?

If we had an occasional "hand in your pocket" type campaign, i'd be more than willing to shell out £10, after all - i can think of plenty of times when i've wasted much more with no outcome, so why not put it into the club?

Guest d.sugar

this comes back to my point about 2 months ago when i said about roberts well he has'nt played since only came on as sub we went on a unbeaten run of 11 games yeah :dunno:

we really won't to get new strikers :me?::D:wacko:

:D:me?::D;):clap::D

Guest d.sugar

we need a confident goal keeper who is comanding in the area if we are going to get promoted

we haven't had a decent goal keeper for years so i would put twenty quid in the pot :D:me?::D;)

Archived