IGNORED

The Romeo Brown 3

leader

said if it was me and a few mates, just ad a fight outside the ground nicked, 2 weeks inside . and welcome back lads i think not. remember the rovers game at ours scum our fans were called , but the players aint ,as they say yer avein a laugh. before you lot start I'm 100%red through n through more than the board me thinks . i rest my case.

i see where your coming from but the lads got caught up in a fight in a club with bouncers and

it was hardly a pre-arranged punch up that is tried by some week in week out,

different circumstances..

but yeah they won't get passports taken from them and not allowed to go to

watch England abroad or get a life time ban from ashton gate.

said if it was me and a few mates, just ad a fight outside the ground nicked, 2 weeks inside . and welcome back lads i think not. remember the rovers game at ours scum our fans were called , but the players aint ,as they say yer avein a laugh. before you lot start I'm 100%red through n through more than the board me thinks . i rest my case.

To compare what the players did, given that three of them were sticking up for their mate, to 200 fans invading the pitch to give Holloway and one or two other Rovers players the beating of their lives (and who knows whether it would have stopped at a beating) if they had been caught seems slightly bizarre to me. So yes, those fans were scum and if you were one of them then too bad.

To compare what the players did, given that three of them were sticking up for their mate, to 200 fans invading the pitch to give Holloway and one or two other Rovers players the beating of their lives (and who knows whether it would have stopped at a beating) if they had been caught seems slightly bizarre to me. So yes, those fans were scum and if you were one of them then too bad.

I'm sorry but i don't think you got my drift fella.theres fighting n theres fighting same were ever you go ta ta :englandsmile4wf:

I'm sorry, but am I the only one here who just doesn't have a clue what this thread is about?

i think the point is:

lads (fans) who fight at football grounds or around football grounds and get prison or caught doing it are not allowed

or welcomed back to ashton gate but players who fight in clubs and pubs are welcomed and not banned, sacked etc.

Presumably he didn't get prison time for whatever got him the banning order though?

tiz true but police can try and ban you know if your even spotted with so called

known trouble lads, stupid i know, they try it on in a civil court, a few got this trying to go and watch

England in the world cup, they try the association thing, but the lad in their eyes had previuos

and therefore knew he was banned and thought he was up to something.

tiz true but police can try and ban you know if your even spotted with so called

known trouble lads, stupid i know, they try it on in a civil court, a few got this trying to go and watch

England in the world cup, they try the association thing, but the lad in their eyes had previuos

and therefore knew he was banned and thought he was up to something.

I don't disagree with you, the point I'm making is that although fans fighting would get a much harsher response from the club than Brooker etc did - the players got a much harsher response from the justice system than the fans would. Swings and roundabouts.

I don't disagree with you, the point I'm making is that although fans fighting would get a much harsher response from the club than Brooker etc did - the players got a much harsher response from the justice system than the fans would. Swings and roundabouts.

true.

yep, Swings and roundabouts but in court it's all about circumstances etc, and one magistrate

on one day might give you less than another magistrate on another day for the same offence,

the mood of a magistrate does come in to as well and how you conduct yourself in court.

I remember Jamie Carragher throwing a coin at someone in the crowd a few years ago. Think it hit a young girl in the crowd. I remember saying at the time that the police should have banned him from football grounds, in the same way that they would have done a supporter caught on CCTV doing the same thing.

Consistency is all that's required.

I remember Jamie Carragher throwing a coin at someone in the crowd a few years ago. Think it hit a young girl in the crowd. I remember saying at the time that the police should have banned him from football grounds, in the same way that they would have done a supporter caught on CCTV doing the same thing.

Consistency is all that's required.

Yes but where do you draw the line? Remember when Gerrard Lavin kicked the ball in frustration at Reading and broke someones wrist? He got a lengthy ban for that. Did he mean to kick it at them?

The main difference being with Lavin, Carriger, Cantona and many others is that they were on the pitch representing their clubs at the time, 'on duty' so to speak.

Our 4 were having a night out in their own time, just like you or I might do. Our employers are not responsible for our actions out of hours. Granted we have a duty, for example, not get caught drink driving or we could be sacked for being unable to do our jobs.

I know footballers have a certain duty as they are high profile in the public eye, but I'm sure it was because of that they recieved such sentences anyway.

• Admin

To be fair, if you or I got roudy at a nightclub and ended up doing 2 weeks bird because of it I doubt we'd be banned from the Gate upon our release.

Had Brooker & Orr's jail time been down to them having running battles with the OB or opposing players during a game I suspect their treatment would have been different.

There's quite a list of City fans being sent to prison for football related violence in the last ten years, and for considerably longer than 2 weeks.

Not even counting "the" Rovers match, off the top of my head I can remember reading of City fans being jailed after incidents at West Brom (A), Stoke (H), Sheffield Weds. (A), Hull (A). There may well be others.

The most common sentence was 6 months inside although two fans, in seperate incidents, got 2 years.

All these incidents, naturally, got wide coverage in the local media.

There's quite a list of City fans being sent to prison for football related violence in the last ten years, and for considerably longer than 2 weeks.

Not even counting "the" Rovers match, off the top of my head I can remember reading of City fans being jailed after incidents at West Brom (A), Stoke (H), Sheffield Weds. (A), Hull (A). There may well be others.

The most common sentence was 6 months inside although two fans, in seperate incidents, got 2 years.

All these incidents, naturally, got wide coverage in the local media.

Add Cardiff in the Ldv final v Carlisle

Archived