IGNORED

Tristan Plummer

TomBCFCUK

Just Speaking to one of my mates who is a Evertonian, When he came across "The academy(Everton) are looking to sign 16yr old Bristol City forward Tristan Plummer for a fee of 150k." Anyone else heard anything about this...? I hope not seems like he has a bright future!

Tom

He has stated to friends that he wants to leave City. It could well be that there is truth in this story.

I hope he does want to leave. If he didn't I'd question his ambition. Leaving BCFC should be a long term goal for all our players.

Hopefully he'll have seen what happens if he leaves too early like Anyinsah, or too late ala Fortune.

He needs to get the right advice and leave after around a year after establishing himself in our first team if we're still at this level. Worked for Lita, and Coterill has gone the same route. He'd be foolish to leave a team renouwned for giving youngsters a chance, and a recent track record for developing players in his position to their potential.

If he does, we better get a decent fee for him

one positive is that we do have alot of previous experience with youngsters moving on to higher ground, and at least we can expect the club to get a fair amount for him. the transfers of rosienior & hill seem to have taught the club some harsh lessons as regards getting value for monry on our academy players.

He is only on an acadamy contract which means he would/could leave for next to nothing. We can't give him a proffesional contract until he turns 17.

surely we'd be entitled to some sort of compensation? others ins similar positions (inc. the sags) got £150K+ under very similar circumstances.

Yeah, we'd be entitled to compo, however this never usually mirrors the true value of the player.

This is what Leeds are taking Chelsea about. The big clubs are now robbing lower league clubs of there best young talent. I don't particually like Leeds but I'm in agreement with them. We need to stop clubs and agents robbing clubs of there best young talent.

Yeah, we'd be entitled to compo, however this never usually mirrors the true value of the player.

This is what Leeds are taking Chelsea about. The big clubs are now robbing lower league clubs of there best young talent. I don't particually like Leeds but I'm in agreement with them. We need to stop clubs and agents robbing clubs of there best young talent.

that is a very good point as regards the value. the only thing i'd say in plummers case is that it might be more of an asyinga (sp) type situation than a cotterill one. he might be amazing or he might end being rubbish, we'll have to wait and see.

I don't like leeds either (despite the fact i live there! :pinch: ) but they have mre than vaild grounds to stand up and fight in my eyes too. maybe a bit less of the snide comments from old ken bates might help their cause though.. :whistle:

Everything in football now seems geared to towards those who have money especially when it comes to poaching young talenent. Chelsea are a prime example but not the only premire side guilty of this. It's about time the FA treated young talent as they do those above 17. Maybe one way out of it is if they stick a 25% of ALL future transfers clause so however many time the kid gets transfered the original club would get a quater of the fee, that may deter clubs from stealing talent.

You certainly covered both ends fo the spectrum there, there's awfull lot of middle ground he could fall into.

no doubt. was just pointing out the fact we have no real idea how he'll perform long term. i realise he might be average as well, but it doesn't read as dramatically :D

You certainly covered both ends fo the spectrum there, there's awfull lot of middle ground he could fall into.

I've seen the likes of Lita, Cotterill, Rosenior & Goldbourne through the acadamy. As i've stated in a previous post i believe Plummer to be better than all of them at 16/17. We need to keep these kind of players and we have a good chance of doing so because of our success rate of bringing on players into the first team.

I spoke to Pete Coleman last season at an acadamy game and he believes our acadamy teams to be the most watched by scouts in England.(We must be doing something right)

Saw him play in the friendly at Clevedon and thought he looked some way behind Jennison in terms of development. He's quick but pretty small. One that could go either way really. Certainly doesnt look any more encouraging than Marvin Brown (and nowhere near as good as his brother at that age) so who knows where he will end up?!!

Archived