IGNORED

Hill Out

Bristol Boy

I've no doubt the bloke who was MOM against Wycombe will again find himself on the bench at best.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm sure Butler will replace Hill to confirm the side I suggested DW would play after the Wycombe game.

It'll be the same side that finished at Weds or poss MB in for Woodman.

or put fortune in for hill and butler for bell (though I'd rather see Woodman)

What I'd like

Carey,Coles,Fortune,Woodman (w/Butler and Burnell on bench)

or

Woodman,Coles,Butler,Fortune

What I hope DW picks

Carey,Coles,Butler, Woodman

What he will probably do

Carey,Coles,Butler,Bell

At least we'll get Coles playing

I completely disagree with you. Hill is way better than Butler. Butler makes loads of little mistakes and no longer has the pace. Hill has also played lots more games than Coles/Woodman/Fortune and so has extra experience. Not only that he has come through our academy and is city through and through, and he always wears his heart on his sleave.

I would go for

Carey Coles Hill Woodman with Fortune on the bench

or

Carey Cloes Fortune Hill with Woodman on the bench

It has to be..... Carey Coles Butler Bell. At this stage experience can be crucial, a calm head in amongst raw talent. Butler may play the odd hospital ball but in my opinion our back four looks alot more calm and collective when he plays. His west brom days will have taught him how to deal with what will be crucial games week after week, coles looks twice the player when partnering butler. Bell just give us an extra option going forward. Although admittedly rusty against wycombe, i think he still has something left to offer the team. I only see Fortune playing down the middle but believe in experience mixed with youth across the back. Fortune will get his chance.

I completely disagree with you.  Hill is way better than Butler.  Butler makes loads of little mistakes and no longer has the pace.  Hill has also played lots more games than Coles/Woodman/Fortune and so has extra experience.  Not only that he has come through our academy and is city through and through, and he always wears his heart on his sleave. 

I would go for

Carey  Coles  Hill  Woodman  with Fortune on the bench

or

Carey  Cloes Fortune Hill with Woodman on the bench

But the whole point of the thread is that Hill is INJURED!

Well it seems people agree with me that Fortune should start but he won't (slim chance he'd start at leftback).

This is the sort of problem I continuely have with DW and why I think he is not the man for longterm success at the gate. It seems pretty obvious that this next game should feature Lita and Fortune in the starting line-up (if not Woodman as well). We are setting ourselves up for having to bring in many players next season, when we probably have some good options already in the side (just not playing). Just so you know I've expressed this problem with DW even during the win-streak.

I would go with Carey, Coles, Butler, Bell as the starting back four - need for experience in my view outweighs the need at this point in time to give a couple of youngsters a chance.

Woody has played well, but last time he came on looked out of his depth. Fortune has played well but plenty of time to give him a go when we are winning a game by a few goals. Wouldn't risk either of them tomorrow.

It will be a tough game, they will probably sit back and defend for large elements of the game and will hit us on the break. I would rather have a couple of experienced defenders in there to keep concentration.

Still would like to see Fortune and Woodman get a chance sometime, just don't think tomorrow is the right time! :D

So we don't even give Fortune (nor Woodman nor Lita) a chance and we play like cr*p.

Oh I have an idea lets play players that are not really good enough, are not going to be part of the future, are not going to help the team win, are not playing in their best postion, etc. etc.

Use the squad that is the future, realize that playing people who are out of form but are loyal to you isn't the answer, stop playing good players in positions where they are not helping the team.

This team selection and result may be the most disappointing result of the season.

I would like to see carey/amankwaah(when back) fortune coles bell because bell is a perfect crosser of the ball something city dont really have except for tinman so we can get balls in the box for miller who will score with his head 9/10 times

Well that was good, good choice in going for the expirence then :D

I would never pick Bell when you need expirence, he does not play like an expirenced player, he blames other players for his mistakes like butler, and is always first to have a go for no reason, that is not what an expirenced player does.

If Hill is back for friday i would go with, Woody, Hill, Coles, Carey.

I think that Matty Hill is the key to our defence, he is the one that does all the organising, and keeps the defence well martialed, Coles looks a worse player alongside Butler than he does when playing with Matty Hill.

Archived