IGNORED

Mansfield V Hereford

Flaxbourton Red

After last friday's game at Tranmere, I went to watch hereford at mansfield the day after.

Hereford's fans were great, made loads of noise and reminded me of the same sort of banter we had in the eastend, even though we were sat in an all seater stand. Makes me wonder what sort of effect all seater ashton gate has had on us.

The football was shocking, crap with a capital C. I have a dislike of mansfield that stretches back to 1987 and a trip to wembley. I was most unhappy to watch them win 4.1.

However the hereford fans were great singing "lets pretend we've scored a goal, we are going to win five four (with 5 minutes left), can we play you every week(?) and other daft songs.

As for mansfield, what a souless place, everytime they scored the PA system would cackle with life and start to play pre-recorded "fan cheering" and then the Tom Harks ditty. When the PA recording stopped the ground returned to silence. The announcer would then name the (mansfield) scorer with a heerrreees johnny type manner.

What a disgrace to football. I sincerely hope this type of americanisation of our game ends at this dump of a 3-sided ground (with club shop situated in a wooden shed) and that mansfield are forced through successive relegations to lay off the announcer and make drastic cutbacks to save on their electricity bill so as to end that false crowd noise.

TThe food was disgusting as well.

Archived