IGNORED

That's More Like It Gary

NickJ

First, I and many others have been critical of the negative tactics deployed by Johnners in the last few games before yesterday. Yes, we want to go up, but in style, and playing the entertaining football which will turn our crowds of 10,000 into 20,000, as Johnners has said they could.

So credit where its due, yesterday was the best performance of the season, home or away, against the best team we have faced at AG, in my opinion.

After a forgettable first 20 minutes or so, I felt the lads played some lovely stuff and, most importantly, were allowed to keep going forward for the whole game, as opposed to the "hanging on for dear life" stuff I have endured in the last 15/20 minutes of the previous 3, caused primarily by taking off strikers and attacking midfielders.

Keep it up please Johnners - the positive football that is; I can forgive a defeat when we have at least tried to go forward.

First, I and many others have been critical of the negative tactics deployed by Johnners in the last few games before yesterday. Yes, we want to go up, but in style, and playing the entertaining football which will turn our crowds of 10,000 into 20,000, as Johnners has said they could.

So credit where its due, yesterday was the best performance of the season, home or away, against the best team we have faced at AG, in my opinion.

After a forgettable first 20 minutes or so, I felt the lads played some lovely stuff and, most importantly, were allowed to keep going forward for the whole game, as opposed to the "hanging on for dear life" stuff I have endured in the last 15/20 minutes of the previous 3, caused primarily by taking off strikers and attacking midfielders.

Keep it up please Johnners - the positive football that is; I can forgive a defeat when we have at least tried to go forward.

''Yes, we want to go up, but in style''

You don't ask for much then.. I'm just glad we are winning!! However we get out of this league l don't care, we can save the ''stylish'' football for the championship.

You don't ask for much then.. I'm just glad we are winning!! However we get out of this league l don't care, we can save the ''stylish'' football for the championship.

Greedy bastard, me.

And going down the road of "its only the results that matter, till we get into the Championship", is a recipe for disaster. First, I don't want my team playing the whoosh football of the Sags - look where that got them. Second, where would it stop? Grind out results to get into the Premiership? Grind out results to stay there? No thanks.

Win with style.

Does it really not matter to you one way or the other whether we put in a second half performance like the one yesterday instead of the one on Tuesday? Can you honestly say that you are indifferent and that yesterday's second half was no more pleasing to you than Tuesday's just because the result was similar?

Archived