IGNORED

Louis Carey

NickJ

Great team display yesterday, but a special mention for Louis Carey, our very own Captain Marvel. If the season ended now, he'd be Player of the Season by a mile. Yet again yesterday, challenge after challenge, interceptions and blocks. Looks comfortable going forward, as he always has, distributes well, and a real inspirational captains goal early in the game that set us on our way.

The booking was a joke, Louis took the ball cleanly - you only had to see where the ball went afterwards to see that. If officials are saying thats even a foul, let alone a booking, they are as good as saying that tackling is not allowed any more.

In fact, I feel most of Louis' 5 bookings this season have been very harsh, except of course the authorities are doing their best to make football into a girls game - no offence intended, ladies.

I seem to remember a year ago some had lost faith in Louis, but his quality and leadership is coming through, he will be sorely missed at Vale next week. Though with McCombe proving to be a better player than I thought he would be, and with the option of putting an improving Fontaine back in (probable) or moving Keogh to the middle and the return of Orr on the right (possible), hopefully the team will not be weakened too much.

The booking was a joke, Louis took the ball cleanly - you only had to see where the ball went afterwards to see that. If officials are saying thats even a foul, let alone a booking, they are as good as saying that tackling is not allowed any more.

The booking was a joke. It wasn't even a foul. I though the ref was appalling in the way he dealt with tackles. As you say, he practically outlawed any sort of contact. It would have been laughable if it weren't for the fact that due to his shortcomings, Louis is now suspended.

Yup, just to add I to think that he is playing the best football of his career now, better than before he went to Coventry. On returning he looked awful and I didn't want him in the team.

Right now he is an absolute inspiration and a fiiting Captain. He will be missed next week but we have good replacements and competition for places is healthy.

• Admin

The booking was a joke. It wasn't even a foul. I though the ref was appalling in the way he dealt with tackles. As you say, he practically outlawed any sort of contact. It would have been laughable if it weren't for the fact that due to his shortcomings, Louis is now suspended.

Having already ceded his better position and sighting for the challenge in allowing his assistant (with an inferior view of the challenge) to call the foul, the ref then allowed his assistant to dictate that it was a yellow card. It was not his decision, well it was but he bottled it.

Having already ceded his better position and sighting for the challenge in allowing his assistant (with an inferior view of the challenge) to call the foul, the ref then allowed his assistant to dictate that it was a yellow card. It was not his decision, well it was but he bottled it.

Surely we can appeal the decision anyway?

Archived