IGNORED

Xpert Eleven Online Football Management Game.

Steve Watts

Hi all....

I've been playing an online footy management game on t'internet for a few months now with some guys at work and i have to say it is a cracking laugh. I've got three teams in various leagues in it at the moment, but have had the option of creating my own league as well. I thought it might be quite cool to have a league primarily for City fans, so have set one up accordingly. Below is an excerpt from the site itself which gives a bit of info, and if you're interested then sign up here: http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=77187' target="_blank">.

It's completely free and i'm not on some sort of affiliate thing with this, i just thought it might make a bit of an interesting side track to see how City fans get on against each other.

"Xpert Eleven is a football manager game where you manage a fictitious football team. The thought behind the game is that you compete with your friends in a league that you create yourselves. A league must contain at least 6 teams and there is no upper limit. You can also have teams in more than one league.

You manage your team/teams in good times as well as bad. Your tasks consist of selecting your team and working out some cunning tactical moves. You will be contacted by agents who will try to sell you players and you can also sell your own players.

To buy players you obviously need money. The fictitious currency in Xpert Eleven is called "econ". As in the real world a football team in Xpert Eleven is dependent on sponsors. The team needs a main sponsor and can also earn extra money by taking part in sponsorship activities. The main sponsor pays all your fixed costs like player salaries and other expenses so you do not have to worry about them. Also sponsors can provide you with extra money with which you can buy players, order form training or dirty tricks (if your league allows dirty tricks). These dirty tricks are unconventional methods you can use against your opponents in order to weaken their teams. (read more).

A user who creates a new league becomes the league admin for that league and invites whoever he/she wants to join. The league admin has full control over his/her league. He/she can inactivate teams and make descisions such as when seasons start and end, how often games are played and other rules that apply in the league. If the league contains more than 12 teams the league admin can also decide whether to have more than one division and which league system to use. The league admin, however, does not have any advantages with regards to his/her team. Everyone plays under the same conditions."

How do i find the league??

If you click on the link in my 2nd post, there should be an invite to join a league... you may need to register first, but one of the guys who've just registered over the last cuple of days should be able to confirm this (it was months ago that i joined, so honestly can't remember f it was as simple as clicking the link, but i think it is!

The link i.d though is 77187.

Good luck!

If you click on the link in my 2nd post, there should be an invite to join a league... you may need to register first, but one of the guys who've just registered over the last cuple of days should be able to confirm this (it was months ago that i joined, so honestly can't remember f it was as simple as clicking the link, but i think it is!

The link i.d though is 77187.

Good luck!

Thanks for that, ive applied now :D

But my name is Harryhoff because it wouldnt accept the enormous turnip!

Does anybody know when the matches are starting?

Yup...I do!

League and cup now set up, with the first match tomorrow night in the cup at 18:00.

Log on now to see who you have.

League games commence on Friday and kick off at 6:00.

Good luck all. May you all do well, but may none of you finish above runners up in neither competition... I WANT THOSE TOP SPOTS!!! :chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

Also posted on Xpert XI....

"Following HarryHoff's query regarding the kick off times of this evening's matches, I've looked into the issue and can offer the following explanation:

The site is a scandinavian one, and so the game clock is one hour ahead of GMT, and therefore the kick off times are actually 5:00pm OUR time, and not 6:00 pm, as stated.

This was an honest error on my part as i really didn't realise this myself when setting the league up. It caught me out as well, hence my team only having four subs instead of 5 at kick off. I was fortunate in the result tonight in the circumstances, and apologise to anyone else who was caught out by this."

Just to clarify though, that you cannot make changes during the match and that substitutions etc only happen in the event of injury, whereby the best available replacement is selected to replace the injured party.

In essence, the way to win is to find the formation that works best for your team, and also how it may best combat the opposition. You can buy tactic reports from your oppositions last match to see how they played the game and set some tactics based on this.

The way you send your troops out to play could also be dictated by the referee's skill and hardness. If the ref has a high skill, then he would see more offside decisions and cheating, and if he has a high "hardness" rating, then red and yellow cards are more likely for teams who choose bruising tactics, so watch out for this too.

Also don't forget to train your team in order to raise their form, but be careful not to overtrain them as this could have an adverse affect.

Any questions, feel free to ask, and apologies again.

Steve

Archived