IGNORED

Luke Wilkshire

Barrs Court Red

Does anyone know how he's getting on in Holland?

Personally, I never thought much of him, and felt the argument that he is too good for this level didn't wash. If he was that good, why didn't he make more of an impact. Far to anonymous.

Credit too him though, I'll never forget his 40 yard lob against Tranmere and I understand he was a reasonably nice fellow.

All news greatly anticipated.

Does anyone know how he's getting on in Holland?

Personally, I never thought much of him, and felt the argument that he is too good for this level didn't wash. If he was that good, why didn't he make more of an impact. Far to anonymous.

Credit too him though, I'll never forget his 40 yard lob against Tranmere and I understand he was a reasonably nice fellow.

All news greatly anticipated.

i have not heard much but i know he got sent off on the 1st game of the season (competitive debut) hope he is a huge sucess

i have not heard much but i know he got sent off on the 1st game of the season (competitive debut) hope he is a huge sucess

they are only 4 matches into their season, got 2 match ban after his red card, can't find to match but 2nd apperance which is their last game he created their winner.

:chant6ez: i went to the FC twente vs Tallin game a few weeks back.

Luke, having kept the number 14 we gave him at city, started off playing right back! but halfway through the first half was moved into the middle of the park and they tried to put everything through him. he did well and they were hugely unlucky tallin had a very good free kick for their goal whereas twente hit the post the bar and their number 9 had a mare missing a number of good chances.

really enjoyed it. the dutch fans sing all the same songs we do - half of them in english as well very funny hearing them singing shit ground no fans and all the other favourites

best bit was at the end even though they lost the twente players came over and i had a brief chat with luke (i must admit i claimed i went all the way over there just to see him - which isn't strictly true) and the nice chap he is he gave me his match shirt! which given it's proably his only uefa cup shirt semed prety generous.

nice bloke and i do believe more suited to continental style football....

picture of wife in his shirt below - we did wash it first as it was very wiffy!

[attachmentid=368]

post-1599-1158967926_thumb.jpg

Archived