IGNORED

Sl Forum

Tipps

You state about the fact of Tommy and Luke going off for international friendlies and how we need to try and keep both players.

I totally agree with this....... But to state to SL that it all depends on how BRAVE he feels to keep both here, you must be taking the p***!!

He has backed this club, he didn't need to to go out and spend money on Luke (Wilkshire), Lee (Miller) or more recently Mark (Goodfellow) to the tune of about £700,000.

You mention about how Man Utd and Arsenal seem to get away with pulling players out of international games with supposed injuries etc but how about Mark Viduka? Leeds tried doing it and ended up losing him for the following game!

Northern Ireland let Tommy miss their last game, due to the fact that we had an important league game!!

May be, just may be, both teams will realise how important it is to BCFC that they will let them miss the game, who knows.

But to question SL on how brave he is!!! Going a little bit over the top I think :rolleyes:

(gasp) How dare I question our great leaders bravery !

Calm down though, I think you might have mis-read that a bit.

I completely agree that it would be risky to say 'no' the Aussies and the Irish. THATS why I said 'depends on how brave you're feeling...'

But, I still believe we should be kicking up a fuss here. Why can players like Sol Campbell and Ryan Giggs get away with missing friendlies all the time ? Why can't we put our club first for an important occassion like this ?

We should at least TRY to keep two of our best players !

And that is probably why the club are in negotiations with the "Aussies and Northern Irish".

It will have to be a bit of give and take between both parties, we need to TAKE now but let's say both players are required for a friendly fixture in September (In division 1) against Crewe :D , we could then GIVE and then let both players go.

I would have thought the "Aussies" owe us a little bit of GIVE on the Wilkshire front, after we let him go for a month, but then with the "Aussies" winning mentallity, they would want to play their strongest teams.

Northern Ireland have already given us a bit of GIVE, by letting Tommy miss their last game so he could play for us, let's just hope that Mr Sanchez is in a giving mood.

Of course, the problem could be that other members of the respective squads will be needed by their clubs for promotion/relegation battles, so in affect, both international teams may get left without any players!!

If you ask me, it's a bloody stupid time to organise any international friendlies, for reasons stated above regarding promotion / relegation.

(gasp)  How dare I question our great leaders bravery !

Calm down though, I think you might have mis-read that a bit. 

I completely agree that it would be risky to say 'no' the Aussies and the Irish.  THATS why I said 'depends on how brave you're feeling...'

But, I still believe we should be kicking up a fuss here.  Why can players like Sol Campbell and Ryan Giggs get away with missing friendlies all the time ?  Why can't we put our club first for an important occassion like this ?

We should at least TRY to keep two of our best players !

Its a designated "International week" if they want them we havn't got a chance, If we stop them going they will be banned for the QPR game anyway, its just down to the goodwill of the international bosses

We should try, however, I think it is doomed.

Tommy will want to go as he has already missed 1 opportunity to play in his manager's first game in charge. Although he has impresses Sanchez in a recent game, still think he would want to go and still think Sanchez will insist.

As for Wilkshire, would be vitally important game no to miss with the Olympics looming; sure it will be insisted upon.

Don't Worry, Aaron and Tins in the middle and Goodfellow on the left!

Apologies for repeating from an earlier thread but if they are selected they will only miss training for a few days not the QPR match. QPR is on Saturday, these internationals are the prior Tuesday and Wednesday in Greece and Estonia. It will only be an issue if they get injured.

Yes, I realise they will only miss the training, but I'm assuming that we do training for a good reason ! (to prepare players for the upcoming games). And surely this is the one game we want to be fully prepared for.

And while we might have little choice in the matter, why are we making no fuss about it ? The premiership clubs would.

Reading between the lines, it looks like Danny has already accepted that we will be missing the two players for a few days. So I don't hold out much hope for these negotitiations if thats the attitude they're going into them with.

Archived