IGNORED

Port Vale

budbcfc

Not sure about that, but I remember Port Vale being the away trip that provided one of the strangest pre match pub visits ever.

We tried to get into as pub only to be told by bouncers on the door that they were full. They said we could go into the room at the back but 'whatever you do, don't eat the food'!! We went in and found ourselves at a small bar with about 20 other City fans which was also hosting a wedding reception, the food laid out being the buffet. The wedding seemed to have about 30 guests and the main entertainment was karaoke (it was obviously a very classy affair). Any songs that people tried to sing were drowned out by the City fans singing and things only really went quiet for the speeches which, for some reason, were being held at about 2.30 just before we all left. The most memorable of the speeches was a girl of about 18 who could barely stand up, shouting into the microphone 'Mum, Dad, I'm really happy you're getting married again and I promise I won't **** it all up for you this time'!.

As I said, it was a classy affair. No idea what happened in the game but the memory of the pre match pub has never left me.

Archived