IGNORED

Supporters Trust Survey

tompo

I would be surprised if the cost for a print run of 1,000 were much less. The majority of the cost is tied up in the typesetting, etc. and not the actual cost of materials.

Perhaps if you print them in the 1960s.

Supplying a pdf file to be printed involves no typesetting and very little human input, the cost is almost entirely in the materials.

To print 1000 runs of an 8 page A4 black and white document?

Is the quote from a gashead or something?

Buy a bubblejet and find a couple of bored 12 year olds then...?

Thanks dad. I think he mentions something about 8 pages with spot colour and binding. That was the kind of pricing I was giving.

Thanks dad. I think he mentions something about 8 pages with spot colour and binding. That was the kind of pricing I was giving.

Dad? :dunno: Hardly... Typesetting indeed! Using a Caxton Press are we?

It's a survey that will be thrown away as soon as it's entered into a computer... Spot colour and binding? WTF is that necessary for?

Here's one I found randomly searching google in about 10 seconds. Price comes out at £300 for 1000 + VAT and that's in full colour. £400 with staples.

Dad? :dunno: Hardly... Typesetting indeed! Using a Caxton Press are we?

It's a survey that will be thrown away as soon as it's entered into a computer... Spot colour and binding? WTF is that necessary for?

Here's one I found randomly searching google in about 10 seconds. Price comes out at £300 for 1000 + VAT and that's in full colour. £400 with staples.

Sorry Nibor, I only work in publishing so I am obviously coming at this from a different angle to you. I will duck out here and let you carry on your bargain hunting with the ST directly.

Sorry Nibor, I only work in publishing so I am obviously coming at this from a different angle to you. I will duck out here and let you carry on your bargain hunting with the ST directly.

Ah another useful contribution from such a helpful poster.

Perhaps the problem is this publishing idea? It's about printing a throwaway survey as cheaply as possible not going for some sort of flashy presentation award.

Bargain hunting is exactly what's needed when you don't want to waste money on incidentals isn't it?

Ah another useful contribution from such a helpful poster.

Perhaps the problem is this publishing idea? It's about printing a throwaway survey as cheaply as possible not going for some sort of flashy presentation award.

Bargain hunting is exactly what's needed when you don't want to waste money on incidentals isn't it?

My pleasure. I completely agree on all counts. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours.

Archived