IGNORED

Bourmouth

weepywall

Correct me if things have changed but home fans sit in the uncovered stand behind the goal, the away section is along the side capacity about 1300 I believe.

From Football Ground Guide:

What Is It Like For Visiting Supporters?

Away fans are located on one side of the East Stand, at one side of the pitch. The normal allocation for this area is 1,500, but this can be increased to 2,000 if required. The stand is shared with home supporters, offers a good view of the playing action and generates a good atmosphere. The facilities are okay and beer is served on the concourse as well as such delights as 'Football's Famous Chicken Balti Pie' (£2.20). The larger games the temporary South Stand at one end of the ground may be allocated to away supporters. Although I have yet to view a game from this particular stand, my experience of others at other grounds around the country, has not been that good with the temporary facilities being less than desirable. If you add to this the fact that the new stand does not have a roof and is open to the elements, then you could end up having a wet miserable afternoon.

Please also note that the stadium is a no smoking one, which met with cries of 'get your fags out for the lads' from the away support. (But note the stewards may throw you out if you are caught smoking in the seated areas). Bournemouth is a nice seaside town, with good nightlife, so why not make a weekend of it?

Archived