IGNORED

Peacocks Display Of Pace!

brady bunch

one of my biggest issues with the two Lee's are there seemingly total lack of pace.

Was I the only person who was pleasantly surprised to see in the second half Lee Peacock burst past two wycombe defenders (on the dolman side) and beat them both for pace and to the ball. amazing!

I remember hearing an interview with a certain Jurgan Klinsman who in his early days lacked pace, he saw it as his biggest weakness and went to get coaching from one of the top running coachs in Germany, through coaching he gained pace, particulary over the first 10 wards (which is key to get ahead of the defender).

Now I do not expect either Lee to reach Klinesman's standard (if only), but they could both do with taking a leaf out of his book and at least get help with this specific area of their game.

I noticed that too, was pleasently surprised. But i've always thought Peacock was quick player, just hardly has the oportunity to turn and run at defenders often. It's his role he plays for the team and I would rather the wingers run at defenders than Peacock as I think he should be aiming to get in the box rather than setting up play.

>Was I the only person who was pleasantly surprised to see in the second half Lee >Peacock burst past two wycombe defenders (on the dolman side) and beat them >both for pace and to the ball. amazing!

Thats because he heard 'time' being called in the Red 'n' White bar!

;-)

One Team

Was I the only person who was pleasantly surprised to see in the second half Lee Peacock burst past two wycombe defenders (on the dolman side) and beat them both for pace and to the ball. amazing!

After seeing that I suggested in another post that Lee Pea might fancy a stint on the wing, freeing up Roberts to start up front?!

Yes I was amazed he left those two for pace! I had to look again to make sure it was LeePee.

If he has pace then why do we hit balls up to his chest or head with his back to goal? If he has pace surely the best pass is along the deck just in front of him so he can run at defenders, who lets face it, all hate someone runnng at them with pace.

If he has pace then why do we hit balls up to his chest or head with his back to goal?  If he has pace surely the best pass is along the deck just in front of him so he can run at defenders, who lets face it, all hate someone runnng at them with pace.

Absolutely right,put the ball in front of him in the air or on the ground.Oh bu**er forgot,you need wingers to get to the byline for that,and on our right wing we have a left footer who has to cut in and therefore crosses from deep and aaron on the left who is a left winger and occasionally puts the ball on the money,brentford and swindon at home spring to mind,but all to often over or underhits his crosses.People on here can blame and slag off peacock all they like,without the service the bloke ends up having to do the work himself,hence why he was where goodfellow,should have been,doing what he should have been doing.

yep, I am not a fan of peacock, but niether am I against him, a bit like loads of city fans, the jury is still out on him, bit wierd considering his very long (too long to keep him sharp) contract is about to expire.

he appears to have everything, has scored real crakers, but you always feel there is more to come. easy for me to sit on my backside and critise I suppose!

Archived