IGNORED

Just Looked Down The Font Page Of The Forum.......

surreyred

Yeah, all those who said he was finished,over the hill,drunk etc etc etc are suddenly lost for words :o

Maybe not so much lost for words, maybe their words are more to congratulate the manager, team and football club on being joint second in the division and within touching distance of top?

The rights and wrongs of Stewart being shipped out can, have been and will continue to be done ad nauseam. The sad (or happy, depending on your view point) thing we have to remember is that he will, in all honestly, never play for us again while Johnson is in charge and, so far, doing a fantatic job.

The best thing for the player, manager and supporters is to move onwards and continue the upward trend that we've, undoubtedly, had in his absence.

Edit: Bad grammar!... And poor Latin!

All of you who thought he was the answer to BCFC's 'problems' have gone rather quiet too...

There's only one Phil Jevons :dance:

We are just letting his football do the talking for us :dance:

What's that then, been down Huish Park and seen him play?

Likewise, let's let OUR strikers do the talking...Jevons with 2 goals in 2, better than Sir Marcus

So, with this and 'geociderhead's' pseudosarcastic post moved, shall we presume the marcus stewart debate is done and dusted with on the main forum?!

I'll get the bunting (or, quite possibly, my coat)

What's that then, been down Huish Park and seen him play?

Likewise, let's let OUR strikers do the talking...Jevons with 2 goals in 2, better than Sir Marcus

Jevons played 10 scored 5, Stewart played 6 scored 3. Both players have averaged 0.5 goals per game so far this season.

I got no problems with letting our strikers do the talking but because of injuries we are very thin on strikers at the moment and to me it just seems a waste that we got a in form player on loan at our local rivals and we are paying half of his wages for him to play for Yeovil and score goals for them.

Jevons played 10 scored 5, Stewart played 6 scored 3. Both players have averaged 0.5 goals per game so far this season.

I got no problems with letting our strikers do the talking but because of injuries we are very thin on strikers at the moment and to me it just seems a waste that we got a in form player on loan at our local rivals and we are paying half of his wages for him to play for Yeovil and score goals for them.

Therein lies the problem, you loan a man out for three months (regardless who he is) and, as I'm aware, cannot recall him for the first month. If he doesn't hit form, he's off the wage bill. If he does people question it and say it was wrong.

I was as delighted as anyone when Stewart signed but for god's sake, this has been done so much. Stewart is, unfortunately now, our past. The tight-knit SQUAD we have without him is the future. Let us all concentrate on the players that are here and see the reds onwards and upwards!

Therein lies the problem, you loan a man out for three months (regardless who he is) and, as I'm aware, cannot recall him for the first month. If he doesn't hit form, he's off the wage bill. If he does people question it and say it was wrong.

I was as delighted as anyone when Stewart signed but for god's sake, this has been done so much. Stewart is, unfortunately now, our past. The tight-knit SQUAD we have without him is the future. Let us all concentrate on the players that are here and see the reds onwards and upwards!

I understand what you are saying but I will continue to beat Stewart's drum cause I firmly believe he could do the business for us like he is down at Yeovil.

I am concentrating on our current players and I can see that we are a striker short, We should IMO either bring Stewart back or use the 50% we are saving on his wages to bring someone in on loan.

Even with a full set of fit strikers I believe we are still a striker short and have been saying that since the start of the season. Maybe we should be looking at bringing a striker in on loan with a view of a permanent transfer in January like we did with Noble last season.

[Can i pose you a question then.

You have a choice (hypothetically of course) of who to keep and who to sell.

Phil Jevons or Marcus Stewart. Who goes? You decide.

Personally Keep Jevons and let Stewart go, pretty much as already been done,

Jevons is still a young player with plenty of years left in him, is a proven scorer at this level and has done reasonably well so far this season, considering he has been with a number of different strike partners, we won't see the best of him and till he plays up front in a settled partnership, similar to Carey now playing well with a regular partner in McCombe.

As for stewart he has been over-mentioned just reading around this forum and I'm of the ethos of Johnson is the manager and if you can't work with your boss you move on, Stewart has had a good career but was on a downward sprial from the moment the left sunderland, City fan or not he just never did the business for us. I like the look of the current team which apart from Russell and Murray (both probably leaving end of season) is fairly young and if kept together will grow together as a team over the next season or so, I don't see what Marcus really brings to the team to improve the current squad,

So my decision is to keep Jevons and it isn't that hard a choice really,

both Yeovil and City's form has improved from Marcus Stewart's move

Archived