IGNORED

Yeovil Town Away...

GeoTheCiderHead

Sorry question a bit brief....I meant what is the best way to get there by public transport? I heard that there arent too may stations near the ground so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Forget public transport - unreliable and overpriced. What you want mate is a helicopter!! That way you can either parachute straight into the uncovered terrace or, if you're scared of paracuting you can hover up there and have a Godseye view of the Red Men, it's up to you.

Really, no need to thank me :farmer:

£12.20p on the train if you book now - cheaper than CATS. And from the station ... a 45 minute walk. Park in the official car parks and it's 45 minutes to get out anyway. Usually it's quite easy to get a lift out from town centre bars ... and you can enjoy a beer on the train.

£12.20p on the train if you book now - cheaper than CATS. And from the station ... a 45 minute walk. Park in the official car parks and it's 45 minutes to get out anyway. Usually it's quite easy to get a lift out from town centre bars ... and you can enjoy a beer on the train.

Definatly the best option is the train from Temple meads to Pen Mill, then it's about a 5-10 min walk to the town centre, probably best place for a drink for you guys. Then bus or taxi to the ground, although there are 3 pubs from town to the ground, so plenty of places for a quick ale if you decide to walk.

For those driving, the offical car parks as said above are a shambles to get out of, so I would suggest the following;

If you come in from the A303 at Cartgate Roundabout(A3088 I think), turn left at first roundabout, straight over next, then left at the ASDA roundabout, then take your first right, where you should be behind a complex of shops (Focus/Comet etc) and near Screwfix Direct headquarters, park anywhere around here, then follow the hoops to the ground, after the game if your out quick enough you can be back on A303 in 5 mins missing the horrendus delays in the car park

A City supporter and member of this forum - Tipps - is the Landlord of the Official (Police designated) away pub in Yeokil. Now that could be very handy. Problem is I don't know what it's called. Tipps contacted me a while ago for help in advertising the pub to rivals messageboards for each team Yeokil play.

I'll send him a PM now.

A City supporter and member of this forum - Tipps - is the Landlord of the Official (Police designated) away pub in Yeokil. Now that could be very handy. Problem is I don't know what it's called. Tipps contacted me a while ago for help in advertising the pub to rivals messageboards for each team Yeokil play.

I'll send him a PM now.

Thanks Ian for the PM

The pub is The Coopers Mill, which has more than ample parking for EVERYONE, it's then about a 10 minute drive to the ground (depending on what time you leave for the ground).

We serve food from 12 and have 8 normal TV screens and 2 large drop down screens to watch whatever Premiersh*t football there will be on before our game.

We have 2 pool tables and it is more than adequate to house a good couple of hundered CiderHeads.

Plus, we always get a few Yokals in thath are always good fopr a wind up.

Thanks Ian for the PM

The pub is The Coopers Mill, which has more than ample parking for EVERYONE, it's then about a 10 minute drive to the ground (depending on what time you leave for the ground).

We serve food from 12 and have 8 normal TV screens and 2 large drop down screens to watch whatever Premiersh*t football there will be on before our game.

We have 2 pool tables and it is more than adequate to house a good couple of hundered CiderHeads.

Plus, we always get a few Yokals in thath are always good fopr a wind up.

Can you walk to the ground from this pub or would it take too long ?

Can you walk to the ground from this pub or would it take too long ?

I would say it would take too long but I would have thought that you could get a lift from someone, the way I expect things to go, I will be getting a ticket in the Yeovil section as I would have thought that our season ticket holders will have snapped up all ours.

Either way I WILL BE going to the game and would probably have a spare seat for the 10 minute or so drive to and from the ground.

Obviously early days at the moment, what with the game still being over a month away and I also wouldn't be surprised to hear of a change of time or date for the kick-off.

As A + S Police don't tend to be able to handle anything too taxing :whistle:

I would say it would take too long but I would have thought that you could get a lift from someone, the way I expect things to go, I will be getting a ticket in the Yeovil section as I would have thought that our season ticket holders will have snapped up all ours.

Either way I WILL BE going to the game and would probably have a spare seat for the 10 minute or so drive to and from the ground.

Obviously early days at the moment, what with the game still being over a month away and I also wouldn't be surprised to hear of a change of time or date for the kick-off.

As A + S Police don't tend to be able to handle anything too taxing :whistle:

Hi Tipps,

I'm the opposite of you - a Yeovil fan living in Bristol.

How long have you been at the Coopers? I used to live 100 yards from you at the big house on the corner of Southwoods ( now a B & B ).... and watched virtually every game of Euro 96 in there.

Best wishes

Martin

Archived