IGNORED

Was It Just Me?

BristolCity1992

sorry, just you mate, thought he was awful!

fussy for both teams, to whistle happy, turned down a clear pen and didn't even realise pre-game that Oldham's Navy Blue and his Black shirts would clash!

Which clear pen?? I didn't see one.

Was it just me that thought the ref was quite good today?

I didnt think he was bad atall.

fussy for both teams, to whistle happy, turned down a clear pen and didn't even realise pre-game that Oldham's Navy Blue and his Black shirts would clash!

Perhaps he wasnt expecting Oldham to be in navy blue, after all there was no real need for them to change colour from their normal light blue. He did change colour at the first opportunity he could, even if that was at half time. I thought he let the game run quite a lot, didnt blow up all the time which was good. He gave out 3 yellow cards in the whole game, one to us which was Scott Murray.

All in all i thought he had a very decent game.

We've had a lot worse - he made a couple of obvious blunders but otherwise I thought he let the game flow and got most things right. If it wasn't for some mindless comments relating to his colour, and his daft choice of shirt colour - he'd have been been almost anonimous - which is what you want from a ref !

• SC&T Board Members

Thought he was OK. The throw-in mix up was the only clear mistake.

Thought he did very well to allow advantage in the build-up to Jevons' shot that was tipped over and then went all the way back down the pitch to book the offending Oldham player. Very well ref'd.

I was in the Atyeo and was unsure about the pen, so don't blame him for not giving it ... some refs would have, others wouldn't have.

• Admin

I

Perhaps he wasnt expecting Oldham to be in navy blue,

All in all i thought he had a very decent game.

He is fully aware - to the extent of agreeing the kit worn by both sides before the kick off.............

Decent game?? A high kick on Jevons, that would have resulted in a free kick if he was outside the box..., Oldham defenders all over McCombe when he came up front for set pieces, as well as nonsensical decisions given - both ways. He didn't appear to be in control at anytime.

Thought he was awful.

So many free kicks given against McCombe when their forwards were practically molesting him.

Got in the way of play a couple of times which for me is the cardinal sin of refereeing.

Every corner/free kick where the keepers were under the slightest pressure, he bottled it and gave a free kick.

Generally petty, and oft incorrect.

Thought he was awful.

So many free kicks given against McCombe when their forwards were practically molesting him.

Got in the way of play a couple of times which for me is the cardinal sin of refereeing.

Every corner/free kick where the keepers were under the slightest pressure, he bottled it and gave a free kick.

Generally petty, and oft incorrect.

I don't remember any free kicks given to the keepers at all, certainly not first half for Basso and Poglia thingy didnt need any protection :)

McCombe ( who was outstanding again) gave as good as he got and most refs will call it 50-50 between centre halves and strikers

I don't remember any free kicks given to the keepers at all, certainly not first half for Basso and Poglia thingy didnt need any protection :)

McCombe ( who was outstanding again) gave as good as he got and most refs will call it 50-50 between centre halves and strikers

I actually thought he was very good with the way he handeld the striker and defender tussles.

To many times I have seen refs blow when they have got a bit close but he just let it go on many occasions. The Oldham striker Porter couldnt believe it as he was always looking for the foul in the first half but it never came in my opinion that is how it should be.

Archived