IGNORED

Atmosphere Better For 10mins Today

Cardy

Did everyone notice how good the atmosphere was for about 10 mins in the second half ? It really was very good when people realised that Tranmere and Forest were both losing. Once Forest scored again the atmosphere went. How sad it that ?

Why can't we just keep up the singing even when we're not just playing to be top of the league. What I did realise was that there is nothing wrong with accoustics at AG if everyone can be bothered to put a bit of effort in.

Up the City.

Did everyone notice how good the atmosphere was for about 10 mins in the second half ? It really was very good when people realised that Tranmere and Forest were both losing. Once Forest scored again the atmosphere went. How sad it that ?

I don't think the atmosphere was because Forest and Tranmere were losing, but because City were really piling the pressure on at that time.

I had no idea that both of them were losing myself, and I'm sure quite a lot of the other fans singing and getting behind the team didnt either.

I don't think the atmosphere was because Forest and Tranmere were losing, but because City were really piling the pressure on at that time.

I had no idea that both of them were losing myself, and I'm sure quite a lot of the other fans singing and getting behind the team didnt either.

Oh come on don't be so naive - that was the best atmosphere this season by a mile and it was no coincidence. The people who start the songs in Dolman B/G and the Atyeo all knew what was going on in the other games and that enthusiasm then swept around the ground picking up people like you on the way even though you didn't know why ! No offence by the way.

Oh come on don't be so naive - that was the best atmosphere this season by a mile and it was no coincidence. The people who start the songs in Dolman B/G and the Atyeo all knew what was going on in the other games and that enthusiasm then swept around the ground picking up people like you on the way even though you didn't know why ! No offence by the way.

At the time in the game when the atmosphere was great (around the hour mark i remember) Forest were 2-1 up. I'm not saying that it had nothing to do with how the other games were going and that we could go top of the league etc, but we were definately playing our best football of the match at that time.

At the time in the game when the atmosphere was great (around the hour mark i remember) Forest were 2-1 up. I'm not saying that it had nothing to do with how the other games were going and that we could go top of the league etc, but we were definately playing our best football of the match at that time.

Forest only went 2-1 up after Tranmere has gone 1-0 down. It was when Tranmere went behind that atmosphere started. Once people realised that Forest were ahead again atmosphere went again. Even though the 1st Bradford goal was timed at 54mins and 2nd Forest goal at 56mins there was definately a period of about 10 mins where our fans thought a win would send us top - hence the reason why some of the songs fom G Block were EIEIEIO.........

when it was pourin down with rain and us at the bottom of n block and nxt door in f were singin our hearts out we had no idea of the forrest scores.

so don't proceed to tell us why we were singin :handbags:

When it was pouring down with rain you and your mates were singing on your own my friend. There was no atmosphere once the rain set in.

I didn't say that everyone knew the other scores just those that start the songs in the louder areas such as Dolman B and G block. You and your little band in the quiet areas such as N are obviously followers of the main group.

When it was pouring down with rain you and your mates were singing on your own my friend. There was no atmosphere once the rain set in.

I didn't say that everyone knew the other scores just those that start the songs in the louder areas such as Dolman B and G block. You and your little band in the quiet areas such as N are obviously followers of the main group.

mate, were you at the same game?!

the chanting got going as we were piling on the pressure, in the rain

it went when the sun shone

remember...think now

The atmosphere was excellent in patches, it had bugger all to do with scores in the other games, 99% of people would have been unaware of them except at half time.

The enthusiasm was for a team finally playing consistently good football with strong commitment for several games now combined with our good league position.

The atmosphere was excellent in patches, it had bugger all to do with scores in the other games, 99% of people would have been unaware of them except at half time.

The enthusiasm was for a team finally playing consistently good football with strong commitment for several games now combined with our good league position.

I agree with that becuase i stil don't know the final scores of the forest/tranmere games so i didnt know when they scored and i was sat right by the band in H block of the ayteo.I even started a song :laugh: it was you are my city my only city you make me happy when skyies are grey witch i thought was a good song to sing when it was peeing it down.

Ah, I didn't know I was following others who knew the scores elsewhere. But if that was the case perhaps those of you in the know could be a little more communal with your information. :dunno:

Perhaps you could start a chant with the scores in it. For example,

City til I die

Notts Forest 0

City til I die

Swansea City 1

City til I die

Repeat until score changes. It's only fair for those of us following along.

• Admin

The start of it in the Atyeo really was quite surreal. In H Block we were just finishing a song when all of a sudden the hitherto silent other blocks of the Atyeo suddenly joined in unison a chorus of "Keep the red flag flying high" which was actually fairly spine-tingling-y, especially as the attack leading to it was no more special than any of the previous ones.

If we'd kept that volume up for the rest of the match who knows if the players might have been spurred on to victory?

Archived