IGNORED

Penalty!

Riaz

I had a very good view of the "penalty" incident, and I'm afriad it was the one decision the ref got right today.

It was definately NOT a penalty..unfortunatley!

Defender made contact with the player but also won the ball - Jevons going down made it look like a penalty. But I'm sure it was a fair but very phyiscal challenge!

Another point.......... heard some racist comments today directed to the ref.

no matter how poor his performance, he didnt deserve abuse of that nature. Being Asian myself, I would have confronted the idiots myself, but it was'nt clear who was shouting the abuse - not very nice at all

I had a very good view of the "penalty" incident, and I'm afriad it was the one decision the ref got right today.

It was definately NOT a penalty..unfortunatley!

Got to disagree with you RG. I was sat next to the tunnel and Jevons definatly touched it past and the defender clattered in to him! It was definately a penalty! The ref today missed alot, but was always quick to pick up on it against City.

I disagree as well, it was very adjacent to us and he got the decision doubly wrong. I think it was a penalty (just, as the ball was probably going out) but the defender got nowhere near it so it should have been a goal kick.

I actually thought the referee was pretty good, he let them game flow a lot of the time, made his decisions clear when he made them and the only oddity was the bizarre "throw in" incident after MacCallister's "injury". He realised quite early on that he made a mistake over the shirts but decided to deal with it at half time.

I have seen far worse referee's at this level over the last few years.

Archived