IGNORED

Striker

mtraveller

we need to sign a striker on loan before the brentford game. with brooker out for 2 to 3 weeks it leaves us very short. it showed on saturday how lightweight we are. enoch just comming back looked way of the pace and williams a good prospect but will he be good enough to score enough goals to keep us in the race to go up. i doubt it. with some tough games comming up i think he needs to get someone in, we are in a good position lets not let it slip.

we need to sign a striker on loan before the brentford game. with brooker out for 2 to 3 weeks it leaves us very short. it showed on saturday how lightweight we are. enoch just comming back looked way of the pace and williams a good prospect but will he be good enough to score enough goals to keep us in the race to go up. i doubt it. with some tough games comming up i think he needs to get someone in, we are in a good position lets not let it slip.

You're right. We need someone with a bit of experience and a good footballing brain to add a bit of creativity up front. Someone in the Sheringham mould.

Ashtonyate has already posted something along these lines and I didn't agree with him either. We don't need someone to come in for a month and potentially ruin the family atmosphere at the club.

Just because we didn't score against an excellent Oldham defence doesn't mean we have hit a goal scoring slump.

We are still one of the top scorers in this league and Brooker hasn't been available most of the time.

It doesn't have to be just for a month and anyway it would be good to have cover for the strike force we have and a bit of competition keeps everyone on their toes.

Well longer loans are difficult to arrange as clubs don't like to lose players that might be part of their plans for too long, and that would then mean having 5 strikers again when everyone is fit, vying for two places. I think the permanent strike force would be a bit resentful of that and that's what GJ is trying to avoid.

i don't give a toss about the family atmosphere, its all about getting out of this league. this is the best start to a season for a while and this league is here for the taking. while brooker is out injured we are a striker short. we need cover. one more injury or a ban then we are in big trouble.

i don't give a toss about the family atmosphere, its all about getting out of this league. this is the best start to a season for a while and this league is here for the taking. while brooker is out injured we are a striker short. we need cover. one more injury or a ban then we are in big trouble.

But it is the family atmosphere (team spirit) that has got us where we are, GJ has to be very careful to get the right kind of player in, someone who can improve the squad but not rock the boat. I trust him to make the right choice.

When`s Elliot Benyon going 2 get a look in?

only seen him a few times and looks a good poacher, but he just looks to small at the moment, kinda reminds me of alex meecham, looked very good at youth level, but just doesn't look physically strong enough to handle 1st team football at the moment, looks to lightweight

But it is the family atmosphere (team spirit) that has got us where we are, GJ has to be very careful to get the right kind of player in, someone who can improve the squad but not rock the boat. I trust him to make the right choice.

Agreed hornbeam... What's happened to Jermaine Easter out of interest? How's he doing?

Was delighted when GJ turned him down because I think many of our previous managers would have bowed down to external pressure to sign 'someone' no matter the attitude.

Some of our previous signings certainly indicate that.

Agreed hornbeam... What's happened to Jermaine Easter out of interest? How's he doing?

Was delighted when GJ turned him down because I think many of our previous managers would have bowed down to external pressure to sign 'someone' no matter the attitude.

Some of our previous signings certainly indicate that.

Top goalscorer in div 2 :ph34r:

So why did we sign Johnson jr and McAllister then if we are this big, happy family?! Lack of cover in those areas. Do you think that Skuse, Noble and Russell were very pleased, not to mention Woodman?

Only I reckon there's a serious lack of cover upfront right now. One new player is not going to upset the apple cart. Surely no more than the manager signing his own son and then playing him in every game (justifiably so based on performances).

Ashtonyate has already posted something along these lines and I didn't agree with him either. We don't need someone to come in for a month and potentially ruin the family atmosphere at the club.

Just because we didn't score against an excellent Oldham defence doesn't mean we have hit a goal scoring slump.

We are still one of the top scorers in this league and Brooker hasn't been available most of the time.

i toyally agree Well said!! :clap:

It is likley that any striker in a position to be loaned out at this point in the season is not going to be up to much, or not match fit.

It would likley take two weeks for anyone who did come in on loan to gat on the same wave length as the rest of the team, by which team our strikers should be back and or match fit again, so little point in bringing anyone in.

Was not GJ getting stick last season for using loan players !!!!!!!

Maybe we should use ALL the players on our books :shifty: or get rid of them we don't use, before we spend more cash.

Now let me try and think of one....... oh yes what about ###### ####### :D

So why did we sign Johnson jr and McAllister then if we are this big, happy family?! Lack of cover in those areas. Do you think that Skuse, Noble and Russell were very pleased, not to mention Woodman?

Only I reckon there's a serious lack of cover upfront right now. One new player is not going to upset the apple cart. Surely no more than the manager signing his own son and then playing him in every game (justifiably so based on performances).

I would say the key part of that phrase is "the right kind of player" . GJ clearly knows that both his son and MacCallister fit the bill and signed them permanently. We are talking about a loan player, which is necesarily a more hit and miss proposition. Too many loan players caused us problems last season, it could be argued,

I would say the key part of that phrase is "the right kind of player" . GJ clearly knows that both his son and MacCallister fit the bill and signed them permanently. We are talking about a loan player, which is necesarily a more hit and miss proposition. Too many loan players caused us problems last season, it could be argued,

I thought all our problems last year were the result of a player on a permanent contract. :whistle:

When GJ signed Jevons it was the Messiah is coming, When Showumni was signed, it was a 6ft 4ins juggernaught who would terrorise opposition defences. Williams was the heir apparent to Lita.

All available + Benyon this weekend, so why do we need a loan player, we can win on media hype alone.

Archived