IGNORED

Umbrellas At Matches

Cardy

Bit of a strange question this one but I was wondering if you are allowed to take golf umbrellas to away games where there is no roof on the stand. We have a couple of games coming up where we have to stand on terracing without a roof (Brentford and Yeovil) so I was just wondering what the rules are these days. I remember taking an umbrella to Cardiff about 15 years ago but haven't taken one since however that rain last weekend got me thinking.

:rain: ???????????

In recent times, whenever I've taken an umbrella I've had to hand it in at the small office just inside the main gates to the right (corner of Eastend & Williams stand). They hand over a little cloakroom ticket which you then return & exchange at the end of the match.

Umberellas at football matches are a pain. The bloke sat next to me on saturday put his up when it rained, I couldn't see a thing, soon made him put it down. He then spent the rest of the match wiping his face with a hankie what a wimp.

In general I would agree. However when you have to stand in the open for 90mins of lashing rain I think you would change your mind. Uncovered stands should be banned in this day and age.

Archived