IGNORED

Lma 2007

andy k

Bought this really looking foward to playing it only to find it was exactly the same as the 2006 version! As always i set up to play as BCFC and immediately set about looking at how the composers of this usually excellant game rated our heroes.They obviously haven't done their homework, McCombe rated as one of the worst defenders, Frankie Artus as a top midfielder, James Wilson better than Woodman and Scott Brown would hardly get a game for Forest Green Rovers based on his rating.Both Basso and Weale were rated poorly so i set about seeking out a new keeper,as we only had a remaining wage budget of £112 (nothing new) i looked to the lower leagues where Billy Turley of Rushden stood out.His current earnings were around £700 a week which i couldn't afford, so,after receiving no bids for any transfer listed players i released Dean Grubb (his weekly wage £760 pw).A bid was excepted only to find he wouldn't except less than £3000 pw... stupid money! This happened with other players and begun to really frustrate me as i usually take great pleasure in turning low earners from the lower leagues into good players.This among exactly the same stuff from 2006 has made me wonder if anyone else feels the same.I first bought the 2003 version and have always been impressed by the progress made each year.Can someone advise me of any good current/forthcoming management games for the PS2 ?

Bought this really looking foward to playing it only to find it was exactly the same as the 2006 version! As always i set up to play as BCFC and immediately set about looking at how the composers of this usually excellant game rated our heroes.They obviously haven't done their homework, McCombe rated as one of the worst defenders, Frankie Artus as a top midfielder, James Wilson better than Woodman and Scott Brown would hardly get a game for Forest Green Rovers based on his rating.Both Basso and Weale were rated poorly so i set about seeking out a new keeper,as we only had a remaining wage budget of £112 (nothing new) i looked to the lower leagues where Billy Turley of Rushden stood out.His current earnings were around £700 a week which i couldn't afford, so,after receiving no bids for any transfer listed players i released Dean Grubb (his weekly wage £760 pw).A bid was excepted only to find he wouldn't except less than £3000 pw... stupid money! This happened with other players and begun to really frustrate me as i usually take great pleasure in turning low earners from the lower leagues into good players.This among exactly the same stuff from 2006 has made me wonder if anyone else feels the same.I first bought the 2003 version and have always been impressed by the progress made each year.Can someone advise me of any good current/forthcoming management games for the PS2 ?

I got the game too, feel exactly the same, they have done absolutley nothing from last years effort.

I couldn't believe my eyes at the rating they gave Weale either, there are so many faults with this game and like you, I also feel the player transfer fees and wages are absolutley ridiculous.

Won't be getting it next year unless they radically overhaul it.

Unfortunatley PS2 managment sims are a joke, thank god for my pc!!

I got the game too, feel exactly the same, they have done absolutley nothing from last years effort.

I couldn't believe my eyes at the rating they gave Weale either, there are so many faults with this game and like you, I also feel the player transfer fees and wages are absolutley ridiculous.

Won't be getting it next year unless they radically overhaul it.

Unfortunatley PS2 managment sims are a joke, thank god for my pc!!

Thanks citylad21,i have recently purchased my first pc.

What can u recommend?

I got on quite well with LMA '06 and had no problems with it really. Didn't bother with '07 as I knew it was going to be too similar to '06. Sounds like it's got worse though to be honest.

I haven't got on very well with Football Manager 2006 when I played that though. Was around 4th in the League but it was annoying me like hell. So boring and annoying.

Archived