IGNORED

Sky Tv Reception

Chivs

Grrrrr :Fume:

Can't get no reception on my "Freeview" digital box. Must be the :rain: . Today, all I get is 35 channels not including ITV, Channel 4 or 5 etc.

Does anyone know if Sky suffers from the same problem? Does the weather affect Sky reception?

Weather does affect sky yes, when we had all the rainstorms at the weekend, my sky kept going off.

As did mine, it was the happiest moment of my day as my daughter couldn't watch dreadful Nickelodeon and other naff American channels

Grrrrr :Fume:

Can't get no reception on my "Freeview" digital box. Must be the :rain: . Today, all I get is 35 channels not including ITV, Channel 4 or 5 etc.

Does anyone know if Sky suffers from the same problem? Does the weather affect Sky reception?

I had freeview once, and it had that problem and never returned to all the channels! Was shocking after! So ditched it and paid more for Sky Multiroom. Far better picture and more channels!

Are you normal 1-5 channels ok, if yes, then Freeview "should" be.

Cable sky all the same to me same channels etc...

Except one goes through the ground and the other goes through the air? :whistle:

Kinda can see how the weather might affect it, but at least when some dopey engineer cuts through the cable connection, my sky tv from a satelite in the sky still works.

Except one goes through the ground and the other goes through the air? :whistle:

Kinda can see how the weather might affect it, but at least when some dopey engineer cuts through the cable connection, my sky tv from a satelite in the sky still works.

But at least when there is bad weather my cable box still got a perfect reception :whistle:

And that happens once in a blue moon.How often do we get bad weather?Anyway we all getting into this over bloody whats better sky or cable(telewest)

Just get a bigger dish. We did and get no trouble now :)

Umm, sounds too easy! Can I order a bigger dish before they come and install it? I think I'm going to have to ring up and talk to someone who doesn't know the answer in their call centre.

Umm, sounds too easy! Can I order a bigger dish before they come and install it? I think I'm going to have to ring up and talk to someone who doesn't know the answer in their call centre.

We got ours from James tv in Patchway think it cost about £60 two years ago. :)

• Admin

How do you think the cable companies receive the feed?

That happened to us when the driveway was being done. Luckily, it forced telewest to come out and fix the broadband as well, which was playing up at the time.

We got ours from James tv in Patchway think it cost about £60 two years ago. :)

Now mobile i believe, no longer have the shop in Patchway, for cost cutting purposes. Still the same excellent service, just operating out of a van instead of a shop.

James TV & Electrical Services 18 Eagle Dr Bristol, Patchway, BS34 5RJ, 0117-975 5557

Archived