IGNORED

Supposing We Stay Down

Guest Orj

It seems to be the almost universal consensus that Wilson will be shown the door if we stay down following 4 seasons of treading water. Now, I know this is all theoretical for now but bear with me.

The following players are out of contract in 11 games time:

Bell

Roberts

Carey

Matthews

Peacock

Brown (A)

Burnell

Hill

Amankwaah

Brown (M)

Woodman

Numerous youngsters

(Thanks to RedUn for that list)

Supposing we do stay down and Wilson is nudged out, who will decide who stays and who goes? Any new manager will not know much about the players from first hand experience, unless it is an internal appointment, and will not have any competitive action on which to assess the players.

This is certainly a very significant factor to throw into the equation when deciding on our approach to next season and my gut feeling based on this is that, should Wilson be given the boot, an internal appointment would be the most prudent. Not only does it maintain a degree of continuity that we are all told is an important thing, it also solves the dilemma I have outlined above whilst saving money on a potentially costly managerial appointment into the bargain.

We all have our own opinions about who we would like to stay and who should go from the playing staff but that discussion has been had 100 times before, it is next season's manager, Wilson or otherwise, who's opinion counts. Food for thought, eh?

Archived