IGNORED

The Bench On Sat

mtraveller

i looked at the subs bench and we had no strikers. without brooker we look very lightweight. we need to do something about it. the last 2 games have shown we need cover for any injuries. murray is not the answer and williams is not ready to lead the line, he will be but not yet. brentford on saturday was a game we should have taken 3 points from because that was a very poor brentford team. we are in a great position lets don't let it slip. we have lost stewart, cotts and brooker and not replaced any of them. we need to act. the cover at the back and midfield is good but up front it is poor.

• Admin

I would say that since Stewart left for Yeovil and Cotterill left for Wigan we have been light of at LEAST one striker or even another player who can fill in that role.

Yes we ARE doing well, but have lacked that impotous (?) of another forward coming off the bench.

This will only happen with current squad when Brooker is fit again meaning one of the two from Saturday will be the sub.

i looked at the subs bench and we had no strikers. without brooker we look very lightweight. we need to do something about it. the last 2 games have shown we need cover for any injuries. murray is not the answer and williams is not ready to lead the line, he will be but not yet. brentford on saturday was a game we should have taken 3 points from because that was a very poor brentford team. we are in a great position lets don't let it slip. we have lost stewart, cotts and brooker and not replaced any of them. we need to act. the cover at the back and midfield is good but up front it is poor.

Millenium Stadium revisited? :crying:

I'd rather we signed a left-sided wide player. We had three forwards on the field on Saturday, but with JMW having to play the problem position on the left. Normally three forwards in the squad would be enough, with two on the pitch and one on the bench we'd be happy.

Up front we have Brooker, Showunmi, Jevons and Myrie-Williams, wide we have only Murray and Brown.

In a matchday sixteen we'd typically want five or maybe six players from these areas, with only six to select from it is clear to me that we are at least one short.

• Admin

I looked at this post this morning with a great sense of deja vu. As it turned out, I have read it before....twice!

Will you be reproducing this posting EVERY week until we sign a new striker?

(Sep 27th, Oct 2nd)

We have on contract Brooker, Showumni, Jevons, Stewart and Benyon. If managed correctly, those 5 should do the job.

Not if they're injured or ill.

Brooker has already missed 6 games out of 13 this season.Showumni's been ill & injured and Jevons didn't start at Bradford due to a stomach complaint.

Stewart's on loan and before that, I had more chance of playing.Cotterill, who I thought had most of his best games when he played up front, has been sold.

Williams will be a good player if he loses the arrogance and retains the confidence and we haven't even seen Benyon in a League Game yet.

The last three games without Brooker have seen City score only twice and pick up five points out of nine,so let's get real and bring in some cover, whilst also addressing the wide positions.

Our defence is doing very well and it just so happens that there is bags of competition back there and everyones place is under threat-Do you think there might be a connection there?

ok madger i have put this subject on this forum before so what. as a city fan i like to look forward not like you who likes to look back in time. i for one will not be looking back at what you have had to say. you had a dig at me thats fine what is your take on our strikers. don't look back for your answer.

ok madger i have put this subject on this forum before so what. as a city fan i like to look forward not like you who likes to look back in time. i for one will not be looking back at what you have had to say. you had a dig at me thats fine what is your take on our strikers. don't look back for your answer.

I think its called satire or is that irony?? :whistle:

• Admin

I believe the strikers will improve when a) we settle on a preferred partnership & b) improve the service from the wide areas. Regardless of any improvemnt, they have currently been good enough to get us into a top 2 place in just over 1/4 of the season (not-to-mention 1st place over the final 1/2 of last season) so that is more proof that they are capable of delivering auto promotion than the opposite.

Not if they're injured or ill.

Brooker has already missed 6 games out of 13 this season.Showumni's been ill & injured and Jevons didn't start at Bradford due to a stomach complaint.

Stewart's on loan and before that, I had more chance of playing.Cotterill, who I thought had most of his best games when he played up front, has been sold.

Williams will be a good player if he loses the arrogance and retains the confidence and we haven't even seen Benyon in a League Game yet.

The last three games without Brooker have seen City score only twice and pick up five points out of nine,so let's get real and bring in some cover, whilst also addressing the wide positions.

Our defence is doing very well and it just so happens that there is bags of competition back there and everyones place is under threat-Do you think there might be a connection there?

Exactly mate.

Ive said all along that Brooker would only play 50% of the matches, and although i rate him highly, that just aint giood enough.

Archived