IGNORED

Taxi Prices

Ashcott Boy

don't quite know where to put this thread but anyway. I'm trying to sort out my train times etc for Saturday and the cheapest train on Saturday arrives in TM at 14:25, now I'm not too sure on the distance but i don't think i would be able to walk it in 30 mins. Just wondering how long and how much a taxi might cost from Temple Meads to Ashton Gate.

Any help much appreciated.

Leg it, Ashcott, traffic is terrrible on matchdays so a taxi may even take longer.

Coronation Road seems to go on and on but it's as nothing compared to the gruelling hills of Exeter. :devil:

Otherwise, bound to be other fans at TM to share taxi costs. :)

Any help much appreciated.

In the past, I've got a taxi up to Hotwells, by the Merchants Arms, on Merchants Road, or to McAdam Way,, then walk along the old railway track to the park opposite Ashton Gate,

Saves getting stuck in a taxi around Redcliffe, or along Coronation Way,

But getting to Temple Meads at 14:25 doesn't leave you much option other than to walk!!, albeit briskly!!.

A taxi to Hotwells, is around £6:00.

There are buses back to Temple Meads after the game, old blue double decker jobbies, and they have a flat fare, of around £1, and they leave from behind the Atyeo Stand.

But as Nogbad say's; Coronation Road does seem to go on and on and on, but compared to the traffic congestion of Bristol, it's better to walk, at least you'll see the first half!!.

:farmer:

Get a taxi or the number 8 or 9 bus into the centre (Hippodrome??!!) and then you can walk it in 20 mins easy from there. Just go through the harbourside and then you have to walk along the same path for a bit (goes so much quicker if you run) with the river on your left until you get to a bridge which you walk over and you are in Greville Smyth Park and then the world famous AG. 20 mins from centre EASY!

Archived