IGNORED

Just Back

Northern Red

Today was an absolute let-down, whatever way you look at it. We were terrible, especially 1st half, where we couldn't pass the ball (though the pitch looking like sandpit may have had something to do with this) Bell and Brown were poor down the left, hardly a decent run between them. Wilkshire was also bad on the right, though in his defence, he isn't a right winger, and never will be. We didn't defend well, but we hit the post twice, and had at least one stonewall penalty refused, as well as 2 or 3 more dubious ones. The referee, Mark Halsey, has somehow manged to become a Premiership Official, if he performs like that again I doubt he'll be there much longer. All in all, very P*****d off, plus we lost the rugby :D

I have also just got home from a very poor game that we failed to win because we can't change our game to suit the conditions and the opposition.

The pitch was not suited to playing any kind of a passing game, heavily sanded and cutting up from the begining.

We tried to pass the ball, but an uneven bounce and slow surface made this an impossible task.

We lacked penetration up front because the midfield four could not get to grips with the conditions.

The large slices of luck that we enjoyed during the winning run have now swung the other way, hence hitting the post twice.

The managers decision to play once again without two wide players, and no pace upfront must be questioned, as must the strange sight of Arron going off and Goodfellow playing in a central midfield role!

However draws for Plymouth and QPR mean that our result isn't quite the disaster it might have been.

I think SL will have been very disturbed to see the loyal away fans streaming out of the ground well before the end...over to you Danny.

Same div different manager next year. Just not good enough Danny. Be lucky to get 10000 on Friday.Sack them ALL!!!!!!

I'll be there on Friday.

As written earlier in the season on this forum - if no BCFC promotion this season then there should be no Danny Wilson at Ashton Gate next season. Danny Wilson's 4th season at AG and our 5th consecutive season in Div 2 after massive amounts of money spent on players compared to our rivals. Not good enough.

Up the City

Archived