IGNORED

Elliot Benyon

fRed

right

looked ok in the reserves, totally unproven for the 1st team

worth sending on loan for a month to see if he can handle 1st team football without any risk to ourselves, it's happened before with many forwards before though. Looked great for reserves but at first team level struggle physically.

personally I feel he is too lightweight at the moment and needs to build some strength before he can be considered

right

looked ok in the reserves, totally unproven for the 1st team

worth sending on loan for a month to see if he can handle 1st team football without any risk to ourselves, it's happened before with many forwards before though. Looked great for reserves but at first team level struggle physically.

personally I feel he is too lightweight at the moment and needs to build some strength before he can be considered

Good reply, but just read the thread on from you and he says wrong.

Would keep him just incase it all goes pear shaped

Wrong, especially with Williams outburst last week.

If however, which I belive to be the case, City have a loan forward sorted out then it is a good move as Benyon has not future here.

And who may this loan signing be mucker.... :dunno:

I think we need cover for Brooker. Its been proven that in this league you need a player of physical presence upfront. We have Jevons and Jennison if necessary as poachers but no other cover apart from Enoch. Both players have had injuries. I would love to see a player of Steve Howard esque who can hurt defenders.

Guest jackhammered

Gary Jones of Grimsby would be ideal for us I believe.Big powerful centre forward with good experience at this level.Has played at centre-half and midfield as well so kind of "buy three for the price of one" if you like.

Loan now then buy in January like we did with Noble.None of this quick fix crap.

Brooker and Enoch too injury prone for me,and with no-one taking this league by the scruff its time to show our intent.Jevons needs to be a bit more physical as well if he has it in him.

Gary Jones of Grimsby would be ideal for us I believe.Big powerful centre forward with good experience at this level.Has played at centre-half and midfield as well so kind of "buy three for the price of one" if you like.

Loan now then buy in January like we did with Noble.None of this quick fix crap.

Brooker and Enoch too injury prone for me,and with no-one taking this league by the scruff its time to show our intent.Jevons needs to be a bit more physical as well if he has it in him.

know what you mean about Gary Jones, however honestly don't believe he is good enough anymore? he has played a few years at this level and has the experience and a few years ago, would have been worth looking at, however he spent a few years playing for Tranmere at this level without them getting promoted and has since been released to Grimsby?

he will be 32 by the end of the season?

right kinda player, but maybe bit too late to be looking at him though? shame though as there isn't many players around with his versility

Guest jackhammered

know what you mean about Gary Jones, however honestly don't believe he is good enough anymore? he has played a few years at this level and has the experience and a few years ago, would have been worth looking at, however he spent a few years playing for Tranmere at this level without them getting promoted and has since been released to Grimsby?

he will be 32 by the end of the season?

right kinda player, but maybe bit too late to be looking at him though? shame though as there isn't many players around with his versility

His age and the club where he is means we won't have to spend that much.No complaints there from Lansdown.Obviously he won't be as mobile as his younger days[if he ever was mobile] but for a two year deal well worth a couple of quid.And lets our current forwards/casualties know they shouldn't get "injured" too often.

information from a very good source told me benyon and GJ had a fall out on the pre-season tour to Latvia, the consequence being that Benyon is likely to start as many first team games as Stewart.

yours midland red.

no offence, but it's all been mentioned on here long ago, has since dismissed as rubbish, can't remember who by think it was on of the senior subbers?

no offence, but it's all been mentioned on here long ago, has since dismissed as rubbish, can't remember who by think it was on of the senior subbers?

think your right read similar before,

who knows thouhgh with GJ, if you don't have the right attiude your out the door, then again pergaps he just isn't good enough?

no offence taken, one thing that is true is that with a shortage of strikers this kid has not had a shout, but only time will tell, one things for sure GJ does not cater for any dissenters.

yours midland red.

Archived