IGNORED

Inane Ramblings

Guest Orj

Following on from another thread where accusations of 'inane ramblings' were levelled, thought I'd post a few quotes:

Before todays' game - "Stockport may settle for a draw"

Thanks goodness they didn't try to win, then.

On our defence against Wycombe - "They can hurt you like that with the pace they have in their side, and only because we had quick lads at the back were we able to nullify that."

Nullify? Correct me if I'm wrong but I was always under the impression that the word nullify was derived from the Latin nullus meaning "not any, none".

On the rest of the season - "I get bored of saying it, but it's going to be a tough game. They are all tough games from here on in."

Not as bored as we get by hearing such uninspiring clichés and seeing such uninspiring, obstinate line-ups.

On team spirit - "Within the team, inside that dressing room there is still a great belief and we know we are a good side."

I wonder if Christian Roberts, Craig Woodman, Marc Goodfellow and Leroy Lita privately hold that great belief?

After yesterday's game - "It's not a setback, we've lost the game"

No? What was it then? Hustling? Giving QPR and Plymouth a false sense of security? Cunning planning? Of course it's a flipping setback. They are second from bottom.

Archived