IGNORED

Who's Travelling To Forest By Train?

Anyone travelling to Forest by train? If so what route are you taking?

As you're probabaly aware there are engineering works between Gloucester and Brum on the day and a coach service has been laid on between the two stations (this also severly lengthens your journey time!) To get round this a load of us are getting the train to Paddington and then a train from St.Pancras to Forest. About £24 for the whole trip and roughly the same amount of time.

Anyone else taking this mad cap adventure of a route?

Could buy cheap day ticket to Gloucester

The cheap day return New Street to Notts

Must work out cheaper !

We usually do cheap day return to Cheltenham then CDR to new street. But it only works out marginally cheaper, plus with the coach bit you can't quaff as much beer as you like (which you can on the train), and we've now got the added bonus of a few beers in the big smoke!

That's cheap! Is it a pre-ordering job?

Yeah i think it is, but best if you check.

I have a feeling that whilst the BTM to London were the standard £18.90 CDR, London to Nottingham were about a £4/£5.

Be good if we take loads by train, the last decent train mob i can remember was Watford away, although everyone tells me loads went to Sheffield on the choo choo.

Yeah i think it is, but best if you check.

I have a feeling that whilst the BTM to London were the standard £18.90 CDR, London to Nottingham were about a £4/£5.

Be good if we take loads by train, the last decent train mob i can remember was Watford away, although everyone tells me loads went to Sheffield on the choo choo.

It's £28 via Brum whilst via London, it's around £42. The London route also gets you back in Bristol an hour later. I looked into this a couple of weeks ago and purchased tickets for the Brum route being quicker and cheaper. Shame about the coach bit though.

Sorry to pee on your fire but should be a cracking day out regardless of what route you take. :city:

A few of us are getting the 7.28 train from Temple Meads to Gloucester. Bus from Gloucester to Birmingham New Street. Train from Birmingham New Street to Nottingham. Nicely arriving in time for plenty of bevvies :)

Same procedure on the way home.

A few of us are getting the 7.28 train from Temple Meads to Gloucester. Bus from Gloucester to Birmingham New Street. Train from Birmingham New Street to Nottingham. Nicely arriving in time for plenty of bevvies :)

Same procedure on the way home.

Anyone else doing the same?

Archived