IGNORED

What's The Drill With Weale?

andy k

I have to confess that i know little about our "other" keeper. I do have some green and white fans in the family who have suggested to me that Steve Collis was the better of the two when they were together at Yeovil?

I do recall him having a trial at West Ham a couple of years ago.

Any idea when he will be fully fit and will he be the man to take over from Basso?

Hes meant to be back in training at the end of thsi month. Personally I think Johnson will favour him to Basso. I hope he doesnt get automatically put in as this would be unfair on him. Weale is highly rated though.

Trouble is as well as basso has done lately he is still a disaster waiting to happen either flapping at a cross or with his suspect kicking if Weale is any good he'll be first choice without any doubt.

We are second in the league and he has made some blinding saves this season after an admittedly ropey spell, if City signed Schmeichel and Shilton in their prime, I am sure someone would criticize!!!

Weale has got to earn his position, and Johnson rotated Collis and Weale @ Yeovil, ala Clemence and Shilton for ENgland in the 70s.

Personally, I think Basso is a decent keeper, we are defensively sound, and change for the sake of accomodating a player in our current position would not make sense.

We are second in the league and he has made some blinding saves this season after an admittedly ropey spell, if City signed Schmeichel and Shilton in their prime, I am sure someone would criticize!!!

Weale has got to earn his position, and Johnson rotated Collis and Weale @ Yeovil, ala Clemence and Shilton for ENgland in the 70s.

Personally, I think Basso is a decent keeper, we are defensively sound, and change for the sake of accomodating a player in our current position would not make sense.

Sorry but he obviously bought weale to be number 1 and he will be, when it matters near the end of the season you need a reliable keeper and that ain't basso i'm afraid.

well said even when 2nd we still moan..i can see our first loss and the moans will come as some people save them up.

Archived