IGNORED

Paul Robinson Blunder

no_merde

Has anyone got a link to a video of the aforementioned "freaky" goal?

They looked dreadful last night - completely fed up with the entire spectre of playing international football.

I think it's pretty amazing how the world cup debacle has completely knocked the wind out of the so many of the home grown supposed "greats" in the game.

Carrick looked like an amateur, Terry seemed like a wet weekend, Rooney like a headless chicken, and Lampard like a man running around like he trying to run away from letting out a really bad fart.

I think it'll take a generation before it gets rectified - and all because of the total, characterless mis-management by the FA. They make me sick.

he's probably taken that same kick in the same position 1000 times before, player of his standard can normally do that 1st time without a problem.

nothing to worry about I reckon, these things happen now and again in football, still the top english keeper without doubt.

still named man of the match despite this and he did make a fair few top saves to keep us in the game,

however......Gary Neville was did he pass it to him there? as Basso has said himself, you should always try to backpass the ball outside the posts

:blink:

Why wasn't it his fault?

He should have taken a touch first, there was no need to kick it first time.

The problem is, Nibor, that if people simply blame Robinson for the defeat then all they are doing is attempting to paper over the massive cracks that appeared so clearly last night but which have obviously been present for a while. The system was poor although £50-100K per week players ought to be able to think on their feet and deal with that, we have "names" playing in the team regardless of consistently poor form over many months, the two up front received absolutely NOTHING and I felt sorry for them because they both worked hard and our midfield as a whole was absolutely shocking - they would have been outplayed by the City midfield last night!! I have seen Carrick play twice in a few days now and he is no more an England player on that form than Scott Brown.

I think Robinson has to take a large share of the blame for both goals because he was poor on the first one and completely awful on the second one.

I don't think it's papering over the cracks - Robinson's performance didn't cause us to fail to create a single decent chance. If people think that Robinson having a bad game means the rest of the team was fine, then people are stupid :dunno:.

I think Robinson has to take a large share of the blame for both goals because he was poor on the first one and completely awful on the second one.

I don't think it's papering over the cracks - Robinson's performance didn't cause us to fail to create a single decent chance. If people think that Robinson having a bad game means the rest of the team was fine, then people are stupid :dunno:.

If he would have gone to take a touch then the ball still could have bounced over him and gone in to the goal. I don't rate Robinson that highly but I think it is a bit much to blame him soley for that goal. You probably wont ever see that happen to him again and he will continue to kick the ball first time.

The fact that England were under constant pressure until the last 3 minutes of the game probably has more to do with why they lost the game.

i feel sorry for robinson, it was not his fault, and shouldnt be blamed for it.

I agree with myoudale, after watching the highlights of the game again, I can't agree with the tabloid press and their impassioned denunciation of the hapless Robinson. The poor sod was often left dangerously exposed by the ten England players in front of him who were all playing a formation none of them seemed used to. Robinson pulled off a few world class saves but will only be remembered for that crappy back pass that - at world class level - should have been directed to the side of the goal not at the goal.

It wasn't Robinson's fault, it was an unfortunate bobble of the ball thanks to hitting the uneven surface. If you want to see evidence of total carp you might want to see Robbie Keane's mis-header in front of an open goal in the dying moments of ROI v Czechs.

Now THAT was infuriating :ranting:

Bad night for Spurs players

Guest MaloneFM

That nice Stuart Peirce was spot on. Blame culture. No one can lose anymore without a scapegoat. No opposition are just 'better' without a villain.

Against Portugal, Ronaldinho, against Macedonia (who were pretty good) Mc Claren, last night he gets joined by Robinson and several others.

And once again its the end of the world. When Keegan left it almost was. Then Erikson took over and we gave Germany a hiding. And at the end. He was a villian for not shouting among other things.

Well chaps you wanted an England manager who was English and who shouts. Are we upset?

I agree with myoudale, after watching the highlights of the game again, I can't agree with the tabloid press and their impassioned denunciation of the hapless Robinson. The poor sod was often left dangerously exposed by the ten England players in front of him who were all playing a formation none of them seemed used to. Robinson pulled off a few world class saves but will only be remembered for that crappy back pass that - at world class level - should have been directed to the side of the goal not at the goal.

Only saw the highlights after work, and my 2 cents on Robinson are:

1) he was partially at fault for the 1st goal: he was stranded as the ball looped over him: had he stayed on his line he may have saved it, but then again one of the centre halves should have challenged and cleared

2) he was unlucky with the bobble for the second but then again Neville should not have passed back towards the net

and 3) he also seemed to have made a series of decent saves to keep us in the game,

Problem for him is that if the keeper makes a mistake, it can easily cost the game, if an outfield player stuffs up, always a chance that someone else might clean up behind him. Ultimately, the other 10 players are just as worthy of blame for failing to convert.

Face facts, we are not as good some people like to think we are, notwithstanding poor tactics.

Havn't we learnt anything from the world cup?

we don't have a God-given right to win everytime we play.

Given the fact that we have only won one trophey, back in 1966, it would indeed suggest that we are not as good as some of us think.

There are twelve games in this qualifying round, if we were going to lose one of these games, this would have been the one.

With Rooney off the boil, Lennon injured and Gerrard out, McClaren is hindered before we can start, that and the media pressure building up again after saturday's disappointment, we are working up a real MEDIA SCUM storm in a teacup.

Its still early days and we've got everything to play for.

As for Robinson its just one of those things, just bad luck.

Archived