IGNORED

Happy John Peel Day!

City Rocker

Hurrah! It's John Peel Day.

Keeping it Peel

Can't believe it's two years since Revered Uncle Johnny passed away. I still find it quite moving that there's such a huge celebration of his life and work. John meant so much to millions of us and I really hope this now annual Peelfest continues forever.

'Legend' is a much overused word, but John is one of few modern day people who genuinely deserve the title IMO. I wonder what the musical landscape of the past 30 years would have been like without him. Pretty crap, I suspect.

John Peel, John Peel

Aint got no jingles cos he's too tight

John Peel, John Peel

Hear him on the radio every night!

God bless ya, Uncle Johnny :)

I quite agree. He was the one to introduce the British public to amazing new acts, many of whom would not have made it without him.

Not only that I loved him on "Home Truths" on a Saturday morning on Fadio Four

Hail to John,

from Old Fogey

I quite agree. He was the one to introduce the British public to amazing new acts, many of whom would not have made it without him.

Not only that I loved him on "Home Truths" on a Saturday morning on Fadio Four

Hail to John,

from Old Fogey

Don't forget the many that didn't make it either..God, whoever/whatever you are, Bless yer John Peel....played 'Skavengers the' 'Party Girls/Got to Pieces/Happy' more than a couple of times.... and even said we should be signed by a major.......... never happend though as we were just too 'Out There' for the army :) .. yes I am a bit late..... but better late than never?

Don't forget the many that didn't make it either..God, whoever/whatever you are, Bless yer John Peel....played 'Skavengers the' 'Party Girls/Got to Pieces/Happy' more than a couple of times.... and even said we should be signed by a major.......... never happend though as we were just too 'Out There' for the army :) .. yes I am a bit late..... but better late than never?

Good point DC...but remember, you Skavengers may well have been no better off with a major label deal...many of us have been there with the majors and achieved nowt :rolleyes::) It is your art that's important, not your revenue.

Good point DC...but remember, you Skavengers may well have been no better off with a major label deal...many of us have been there with the majors and achieved nowt :rolleyes::) It is your art that's important, not your revenue.

Oh so true 'City Rocker' big dealings with EMI & Polydor at other times.......... and most of the people I know that were signed to major lables were chewd up + spat out.... owing a small fortune to the lables :(

Up the indi record lables I say. we did it our way..... if nothing else..... 'God Bless Ya' City Rocker :)

Old Punk Rocker's never die they just smell a bit funny ;)

Archived