IGNORED

Jon Stead

Super Scotty Murray

No harm in asking, but you have to wonder (a) wages and (b) if he'd drop down to D1

There will be a fair few CCC clubs looking at him.

Failing that, you can bet he'd end up at Huddlesfield if anywhere in this division.

No harm in asking, but you have to wonder (a) wages and (b) if he'd drop down to D1

There will be a fair few CCC clubs looking at him.

Failing that, you can bet he'd end up at Huddlesfield if anywhere in this division.

Perhaps Sunderland will pay part of his wages, Stewart dropped to a lesser club :whistle:

wages = ouch!

plus would he want to move soo far away from Blackburn for a loan move? when there are soo many other clubs in the area that might be interested?

personally think he would be a good signing, but wouldn't be shocked to see him join another championship club or even a league club closer to home

Why don't we! Strikers score goals, we need goals to win games. We have 4 strikers, 2 of which are argueably wingers, and 2 are not fit at the moment! More options can only be good if its the right player, and i think he would be a good shout.

:blink:

Try "one". Enoch is not a winger, if thats who you are referring to, and neither is Jevons.

We don't need another striker.

I am afraid I have to disagree with you on this one Phatwill, Brooker will be out for AT LEAST another week or so judging by his injury record with us (always takes longer than expected) and Showunmi seems to be the same.

Benyon out on loan and the villagers can keep the un-named person for the rest of the loan so we really do need another striker even if it is to come off the bench or is GJ planning to play Wright upfront as he has all the attributes (power/pace/strength).

BCAGFC

We don't need another striker.

I am afraid I have to disagree with you on this one Phatwill, Brooker will be out for AT LEAST another week or so judging by his injury record with us (always takes longer than expected) and Showunmi seems to be the same.

Benyon out on loan and the villagers can keep the un-named person for the rest of the loan so we really do need another striker even if it is to come off the bench or is GJ planning to play Wright upfront as he has all the attributes (power/pace/strength).

BCAGFC

BCAGFC

BCAGFC

So good he said it twice! :blink:

He has just signed for Yeovil for the month, we are paying £1000 per week with Sunderland paying the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only joking. i do not think johnson would go for someone like Stead because he likes unproven youngsters who he has a chance of signing after the initial loan if they go well ie fontaine for both Yeovil and you!

He has just signed for Yeovil for the month, we are paying £1000 per week with Sunderland paying the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only joking. i do not think johnson would go for someone like Stead because he likes unproven youngsters who he has a chance of signing after the initial loan if they go well ie fontaine for both Yeovil and you!

Somehow i don't think he will ever be as good as Arsene Wenger at this.

well i think we do need another striker in the squad and i would be happy to give stead a go.

i understand what people are saying in terms of distance/wages but i reckon they would pay some of his wages and he just wants to get some first team football and confidence so he wont care where he is.

he is a good player who is just suffering from a severe lack of confidence and with the nagging injurys we have at the moment a loan signing could be what we need.

we are still playing ok but lacking goals at the moment, we have a solid foundation which we can now build on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...and/6044644.stm

why not? he is proven at this level

your thoughts?

According to Sky Sports News Derby are in negotiations with Sunderland to take Stead on loan.

Could still do with a striker though with Brooker and Enoch looking very dodgy for Saturday and possibly beyond,unless as previously stated GJ uses Nick Wright up front.

well i think we do need another striker in the squad and i would be happy to give stead a go.

i understand what people are saying in terms of distance/wages but i reckon they would pay some of his wages and he just wants to get some first team football and confidence so he wont care where he is.

he is a good player who is just suffering from a severe lack of confidence and with the nagging injurys we have at the moment a loan signing could be what we need.

we are still playing ok but lacking goals at the moment, we have a solid foundation which we can now build on.

as someone else said, Huddersfield is just down the road and is his former club, if anywhere in this league he goes to I'd imagine it would be there

According to Sky Sports News Derby are in negotiations with Sunderland to take Stead on loan.

Could still do with a striker though with Brooker and Enoch looking very dodgy for Saturday and possibly beyond,unless as previously stated GJ uses Nick Wright up front.

My mate told me last night that Derby were interested in him. Missed out on Rory Delap to Stoke so wanted someone else for cover. Peski is out injured so they need cover for strikers.

don't think we'd get him, but according to a colleague he was easily one of their best players during their nightmare of a premiership season.

according to him stead's only problem at the time was that he just couldn't get the ball in back of the net, no matter how well hard he worked, which with him being a forward wasn't exactly ideal...

Probably just as well, his recent scoring record goals per game must be on a par with that other great goal machine Bas Savage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, decent pedigree and record at this level, but wages would be a probable stumbling block, hence GJ preference for young players who are cheap!!

Archived