IGNORED

Cracks Showing Through The Paper!

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Just got in from watching an inept performance, mood not bettered by the 25 mile diversion as the A556 is closed.

As we were walking out, we were playing the 'lets predict Danny Wilson's post match comments game'.

Stockport were half a yard (at least) quicker, they picked up virtually every loose ball in midfield and the bustled our dainty prima donnas off the ball far too easily.

I cannot recall one shot on target in the first half from City, Stockport had one and scored !!!!!!!!

The team lacks pace, invention and quality, the first touch was poor, the passing was poor and the creativity non existent. At half time my suggestion was to put Roberts on the right, replace Brown with Goodfellow and put Lita up front, Danny did this in stages, too little too late?, although when Roberts came on for Wilkshire he created several chances for himself, unafraid to run at defenders and pacier than any other City player on the pitch.

The underlying problem of lack of goals is now being dammingly exposed, yes, we hit the post twice and probably had two reasonable penalty shouts turned down, but I don't care what Wilson says, we should be beating teams at the bottom. The Premiership Referee Halsy was poor, no better than some of the other inconsistent officials we have to put up with.

Urgent action is now required to ensure that this season does not end in bitter disappointment for the 3rd season running, as I cannot see this team coping with and winning three play-off games.

Archived