IGNORED

We Call Ourself Fans!

Guest Rob

I am shocked and disgusted at some of the comments i have seen on this forum tonight.

I am not one of the brandished "clappies". I am a disappointed, disgruntled season ticket holder.

However, at times i am ashamed to be.

Some fans who constantly poke and moan at other FANS! We are all in this together and there should not be differences amongst us.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Profi...7~23822,00.html

This link provides info on us. It really did make me laugh. We are not good fans!!! Wycombe midweek, no singing nothing from the fans. Just constant moaning at the players and at every mistake. Its the same all the time. Players confidence then gets dragged down and we conceed an equaliser.

Still no singing, no encouragement from the stands, just constant moaning. You criticse Wilson for lacking passion i think some fans do aswell!

Most people seem to really HATE our manager aswell! I wonder how many fans were singing his name at Sheffield and whome have now gone and called for his resignation.

I think if we want the team in the 1st division we gotta play a HUGE part. You say we got the best squad in the division so get behind the manager and whoever he puts on the pitch.

Friday night is our chance to prove what good fans we are so let's do it.

The lads are in need of a pick me up and DW will be working all week to do so so make sure we do on Friday.

Sorry to go too strong and this does not apply to most.

:D

I was sat in the East End Tuesday night, I sung my heart out and never once slagged off the team.. :D As for Mr Wilson he must see the game through different eyes :me?: if we didnt moan and sat back and took it the same mistakes would be made time and time again. :D

agree with you there open end,danny is to nice.i know phil bater is abit of a tit but at least when he thinks the rovers players arnt giving 100% he has a go at them in in public.danny never does that,i think its time he told players a few home truths

I am shocked and disgusted at some of the comments i have seen on this forum tonight.

I am not one of the brandished "clappies". I am a disappointed, disgruntled season ticket holder.

However, at times i am ashamed to be.

Some fans who constantly poke and moan at other FANS! We are all in this together and there should not be differences amongst us.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Profi...7~23822,00.html

This link provides info on us. It really did make me laugh. We are not good fans!!! Wycombe midweek, no singing nothing from the fans. Just constant moaning at the players and at every mistake. Its the same all the time. Players confidence then gets dragged down and we conceed an equaliser.

Still no singing, no encouragement from the stands, just constant moaning. You criticse Wilson for lacking passion i think some fans do aswell!

Most people seem to really HATE our manager aswell! I wonder how many fans were singing his name at Sheffield and whome have now gone and called for his resignation.

I think if we want the team in the 1st division we gotta play a HUGE part. You say we got the best squad in the division so get behind the manager and whoever he puts on the pitch.

Friday night is our chance to prove what good fans we are so let's do it.

The lads are in need of a pick me up and DW will be working all week to do so so make sure we do on Friday.

Sorry to go too strong and this does not apply to most.

:D

Yes we do call ourselves fans, bloody frustrated fans too, show me another set of fans that have spent most of there existence watching 3rd rate football and still average 11500 each home match (QPR and Wednesday excluded as they have had a recent history of top flight football)

Show me another set of fans who have endured 3rd rate football for ever and a day who can take 4500 away fans to a trip 3 hours away.

Show me another set of fans who turn up every season to watch 3rd rate football and can sell over 8000 season tickets.

Show me another set of fans who can take over 35000 to a mickey mouse cup final.

Bristol football fans and I include the GAS here are absoloutley ruddy sick of 3rd and 4th rate football, we must be the most frustrated fans in the country, yet we show loyalty to our teams, Wilson doesn't do himself any favours by saying the fans were quiet, well has he forgotten how bad the amosphere was before the EE was re-opened, the only noise in the ground previously came from a van load of away fans, his stubborness shows through when keeping his favourites on the field of play and subbing others who are trying, I'm not asking him to do what the fans want, just for him to show some bloody gratitude to us fans for turning out week after week when quite frankly the product on show is awful.

Yes I call myself a fan, a frustrated one too!

with expectations running high this season its no wonder we get frustated.I for one takes defeat as it was the end of the world.some players i know personally also let it affect them and their families. but there are one or two players just laugh after a defeat . so my point is if they deserve to be ragged at let them have it.we pay thier wages remember and if they dont earn them we have a right to complain.

Guest rednick_74

i think our supporters should take a leaf out of the portsmouth fans book, on saturday evening they were being hammered 5-0 and outclassed by arsenal,but they were still making so much noise and sang to the very end, my point is; you support a team for life, not just when there winning, it annoys me how quick some fans are to put down the manager or players when things arent going right... i didnt hear too many moans when we were on our winning run.. lets get behind the lads on friday!!!!!! :D:me?::D

Slight error there, "teams" come and go I have seen dozens and dozens  and hundreds of players; we support the the club Bristol City; that and us go on. Players come and go for most its just a job, a few take us to heart Tinman, Cheez etc. Also feel its our perogative to cus and swear at them when they aint doing it or cheer and praise when they are, its not going to effect my support for them.
but which does more for the club?

1.Cussing and swearing at the "current incarnation" of the club you support (ie. the team that's on the pitch or sat on the bench waiting to come on), or

2.trying to support them into doing better than they are at that precise moment?

We all support the club through thick and thin, and I recognise that it's the right of all of us to praise or critisise as we see fit. But does moaning at the team while it's playing do any more than vent your spleen?

Guest pentlandsl

Which planet are you on Rob?

The Wycombe match atmosphere was dead because there was NOTHING to cheer. The team looked like they just wanted to turn up, jog around for a 90 minute training session (not they looked like they knew what one of those is with their lack of basic control and passing ability!) and then go for a beer.

I will cheer myself hoarse for the City when the players are busting a gut for the club, even and especially if we are losing. But when there is such a lack of pride in the club from the players then what is there to cheer?

I'm sick of 2nd Division football and don't believe the current team is good enough to get us up - again.

Danny Wilson is too soft to manage the club and seems incapable of motivating the players. Favourites like Lee Peacock need a kick up the backside and a reminder that he is a striker - that means getting stuck in and putting the ball in the back of the net occasionally - he could do with upping his contribution and awareness of what is going on around him as well, he really is poor at the moment. Lita and Miller would be far more effective.

For Danny to blame the fans for defeat is a kick in the teeth when the fault was all his - failure to coach a team to be able to pass, control and shoot would be more realistic reasons for Tuesday's defeat.

Guest pentlandsl

Which planet are you on Rob?

The Wycombe match atmosphere was dead because there was NOTHING to cheer. The team looked like they just wanted to turn up, jog around for a 90 minute training session (not they looked like they knew what one of those is with their lack of basic control and passing ability!) and then go for a beer.

I will cheer myself hoarse for the City when the players are busting a gut for the club, even and especially if we are losing. But when there is such a lack of pride in the club from the players then what is there to cheer?

I'm sick of 2nd Division football and don't believe the current team is good enough to get us up - again.

Danny Wilson is too soft to manage the club and seems incapable of motivating the players. Favourites like Lee Peacock need a kick up the backside and a reminder that he is a striker - that means getting stuck in and putting the ball in the back of the net occasionally - he could do with upping his contribution and awareness of what is going on around him as well, he really is poor at the moment. Lita and Miller would be far more effective.

For Danny to blame the fans for defeat is a kick in the teeth when the fault was all his - failure to coach a team to be able to pass, control and shoot would be more realistic reasons for Tuesday's defeat.

i think our supporters should take a leaf out of the portsmouth fans book, on saturday evening  they were being hammered 5-0 and outclassed by arsenal,but  they were still making so much noise and sang to the very end, my point is; you support a team for life, not just when there winning, it annoys me how quick some fans are to put down the manager or players when things arent going right... i didnt hear too many moans when we were on our winning run..    lets get behind the lads on friday!!!!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
It's one thing being outclassed by Arsenal , but being outclassed by Wycombe and Stockport?!

We deserve better than is being put on the pitch at the moment. If they has played their hearts out and came away with nothing , fair enough. But to just let teams turn you over without showing any commitment or passion isn't right. I hope they get together and have a real clear the air session and put right the wrongs or they will just escallate.

There have been very few games that I have come away from when I could say 'they were awsome today', even during our fantastic run they have not been convincing. Maybe Notts County , the very first match, we looked like we would storm the division. Not really convinced me otherwise since.

I always have and always will support Bristol City. Managers and players come and go but there is only one team for me...but they do tend to frustrate me all the same ( trying to keep it polite here!).

Remember when Lua Lua came to Ashton gate and outclassed us. He recieved a standing ovation from city followed by chants of sign him on sign him on. We do appreciate Quality now and again. Its just alot of the time it isnt quality that is beating us its cr@p.

We are all fans of this football club however you express yourselves at games....The fact is that most of us are desperate to get out of this awful division and that desperasion manifests itself in a number of ways....

1 Williams stand desperation...dont sing or get excited it might upset the drive to remain calm

2 Dolman stand desperation... moan and vent your spleen at all the players everytime things dont go to plan and get it out of your system

3 Atyeo stand desperation.... pick on certain players as being the responsible indivdual for our plight (such as...Wilson, Peacock, Carey, Brown, Torpey, Smith...The list is endless)

4 East End desperation (available at certain events only) climb the barriers to get at opposition or have a go at the stewards....

Whilst this is meant to be "generally humourous" (before I start getting hate mail).. It may be time to get just a little less desperate and a little more supportive...Loosing hurts us all (badly) but now is time for two things to happen for us to get behind the side and DW to inject a different dimension from the off.....

I would suggest starting with Goodfellow, Lita & Roberts or any one/combination in place of...the obvious candidates....see you all Friday for another roller coaster ride..........

Show me another set of fans who can take over 35000 to a mickey mouse cup final.

Bristol football fans and I include the GAS here are absoloutley ruddy sick of 3rd and 4th rate football, we must be the most frustrated fans in the country, yet we show loyalty to our teams, Wilson doesn't do himself any favours by saying the fans were quiet, well has he forgotten how bad the amosphere was before the EE was re-opened, the only noise in the ground previously came from a van load of away fans, his stubborness shows through when keeping his favourites on the field of play and subbing others who are trying, I'm not asking him to do what the fans want, just for him to show some bloody gratitude to us fans for turning out week after week when quite frankly the product on show is awful.

Yes I call myself a fan, a frustrated one too!

Here here,

Neither set of fans has much cheer about, over all- A City the size of Bristol should be able to have two Div 1 teams, on the level of support both teams have, but we always get the "best managers " going every time!

Wilson stop blaming everything but you, your team, and your tactics!!! Remember fans pay your wages and dont expect 1 point from 6 from the bottom two teams. If you think thats acceptable, you really should look at your position as manger of one of the top four teams in this division, in terms of support, and currently position as well.

Archived