IGNORED

It Makes Me So Bleeding Angry!

Redminster

Planks !

I thought there were some good questions put in ! I thought the first caller asked very sensibly if Jevons had lived up to expectation since leaving Yeovil and coming to City. The reply from GJ was honest in that, 'to date', he has not performed as he had with Yeovil !

Also good questions asked about the 2 million from the Cott's sale and it is clear to all he has money to spend, when the targets become available, as and when needed. Naturally he ain't going to say who !!

I say well done to Twentystone and co for getting the likes of managers on the radio for talkins, so all sorts of 'real' fans can ask what they see as pertinent questions ! :clapping:

oh yeah !! Forgot to say I was the first 'plank' caller !!!!!!!!! :farmer:

Challenging questions, certainly opinion contrary to "policy" are not welcomed at AG, certainly not by GJ.That applies to fans & players.

if they weren't welcome then GJ wouldn't put himself in that position 2 nights in a row this week?

and Lansdown wouldn't keep on putting himself in the firing line by doing the Q & A sessions?

Planks !

I thought there were some good questions put in ! I thought the first caller asked very sensibly if Jevons had lived up to expectation since leaving Yeovil and coming to City. The reply from GJ was honest in that, 'to date', he has not performed as he had with Yeovil !

Also good questions asked about the 2 million from the Cott's sale and it is clear to all he has money to spend, when the targets become available, as and when needed. Naturally he ain't going to say who !!

I say well done to Twentystone and co for getting the likes of managers on the radio for talkins, so all sorts of 'real' fans can ask what they see as pertinent questions ! :clapping:

Were you also the 2nd, 3rd and 4th caller? :dunno:

Some good questions, but everyone sounded like Terry from Shirehampton last night. :)

Brilliant

"I'm just calling to let you know that Crewe are a good side and we need to be on our toes tomorrow"

Was he refering to the players or the fans??.

Can't see the Stewards letting the crowd tip toe around Ashton Gate,

Or Gary J. sending the players out in ballet shoes!!.

:w00t:

Any else hear something about Marcus we didnt expect to..

''Will he ever put on a red shirt again?''

''He said he wouldnt''

This is new isnt it??

:doh:

He might if he goes to the Swindle, or Cheltenham!!.

:farmer:

Dennis from wherever he was from.....

"You used Bas to embarrass Marcus Stewart"

I thought Bas was used to embarrass us at Doncaster!!.

Falling over his own shadow!!.

:disapointed2se:

But did you hear him? He could barely string those words together.

Maybe it was Marcus in disguise after having one too many sherbets??.

If was allowed to go on any longer, he would of been saying;

"I love you Gary!!, Your my bestest friend!!".

:laugh:

The comment which made me sit up and listen was about Akinbiyi. When GJ said that he had spoken to Neil Warnock who would not release any of his strikers.

Doesn't this imply that GJ has been looking for a loan striker?

No it doesn't.

What it implies is that after the Oldham game, Gary forgot to ask Ade for a signed copy of his book, as he was interested to find out what life was like a Ashton Gate, before he arrived to manage us.

So he phoned up Neil Warnock, and asked him, that next time he was going to his farm in Cornwall, if he could bring a copy of the book down with him, and to make a small detour off of the M5.

Neil just talked shop with Gary, and promised to get him a copy of the book before Christmas.

:nana:

unfortunatly with the caller in question, he was very much of a stubborn minded opinion, and didn't actually want ask a question, just have a pop.

A typical, fickle Bristolian then!!,

:city:

QUOTE(uwokeiup @ Oct 13 2006, 9:46 PM)

The comment which made me sit up and listen was about Akinbiyi. When GJ said that he had spoken to Neil Warnock who would not release any of his strikers.

Doesn't this imply that GJ has been looking for a loan striker?

No it doesn't.

What it implies is that after the Oldham game, Gary forgot to ask Ade for a signed copy of his book, as he was interested to find out what life was like a Ashton Gate, before he arrived to manage us.

So he phoned up Neil Warnock, and asked him, that next time he was going to his farm in Cornwall, if he could bring a copy of the book down with him, and to make a small detour off of the M5.

Neil just talked shop with Gary, and promised to get him a copy of the book before Christmas.

pity it was Shaun Goater who was at the Oldham game promoting his book though!

get yer facts right D.O.G!

:nana:

Planks !

Did I say I had a problem with the majority of callers? No. Just this chap. As you said, the first caller had a very sensible point to make about Jevo, which I agree with and today again he didn't show what he is capable of.

Funnily enough, since I posted my comment about "Dennis" just after he had called, there were plenty of callers later in the show who were prepared to give Gary credit as to where we are in the league and what he has done with the team and the squad since he took over.

All in all it was a good show, but again, I wasn't criticising the majority of callers to the show as many were positive and gave constructive criticism, only this one guy who seemed to be getting himself into more and more of a rage and was just completely one-sided.

Some of you may think he had a point, but my problem with him stems from the way he put his views across; impolitely and without balance. Gary talks about respect and this was one thing both "Dennis" and MS share: not giving Gary any.

Personally, having just witnessed a great game of football where we had plenty of chances and even though we were only one goal up, didn't look as if we were going to capitulate, I'm pleased and excited and looking forward to the game next week at Forest where we could go top of the league.

:chant6ez::chant6ez:

yes he did get his autograph. garry came over before the game and made his day. not only that we were a bit early today and our seat is right behind the visitors dug out. lee matthews was sat with dario gradi and both came over to sign as well. i have to say we spoke to dario for about 20 mins what a gentleman and it was one of the most interesting football chats i,ve had for a long time.

Archived