IGNORED

Fish Tanks

red_pill

Sometimes I reckon reading this forum is the closest a human can get to living in a goldfish bowl!

So, what is it? 14 games; 11 wins; 1 draw; 2 lost... Hmm, sack the manager! Perhaps then Arsenal and Man Utd will follow our lead and sack their nere'do'well coaches! (NB Don't take that as a literal comparison!!)

Only seems a couple of weeks ago people were discussing travel arrangements to West Ham and Coventry!!

That Lee Matthews is doing well at Rovers...Should sack Wilson for letting him go too...

i dont doubt the winning run was great,but if u cant beat the current worse two teams in the league,u wont get promoted,FACT

But that's not true!! OK, the results were poor, but not beating them on the day does not mean that over the season we are worse than them!! God, if only it were that simple, I'd certainly be a betting man!

mate I'm not saying that makes us worse than those teams,just that teams who do well&win things dont loose to teams at the bottom of the league,just look at arsenal & man u over the years

I'm not going to seriously disagree that really, what you say should be right, but you have to accept that it's not that simple. Man U, just for one, over the years have been a team that often have under performed against lesser opposition and raised their game against higher placed teams - look at their results against teams like Fulham and Bolton over the past couple of seasons. Low placed teams can be difficult because the stronger team can become complacent when playing them, and the lesser team can find extra strength from playing a team everyone expects them to lose to...Somehow, I reckon that might be exactly the situation we are seeing over the past couple of games...

wel i hope your right!!!!ive just got my doubts over city in high pressure games,theyv faild to deliver so many times wen its come to the crunch in the past i just cant feel confident.wen my dad first took me down the gate in 94 wen i was a wee lad he said that city would always build u up then let u down,never a truer word said if u ask me!!!!!!

wel i hope your right!!!!ive just got my doubts over city in high pressure games

God, so do I!! And I share your doubts...but I'm trying to stay philisophical about these past few results.

As for the derogatory term 'clappies' I've seen elsewhere, well, I for one won't apologise for retaining a little perspective!

Anyhow, I know for certain City WILL be promoted, cos I've just sold my house and will be moving to Scotland in July...sod's law dictates I will miss City's promotion and will have to settle for Hearts v Dundee in the freezing cold!

Archived