IGNORED

More Noise

sbl800

According to Crewe fans today the most noise in the ground was made by that crazy announcer with the mike.Does he get on your nerves.I think he can be an embarrassment.Its a shame that the atmosphere has been diluted in the ground by restrictive measures.Ashton Gate has become a very sterile place for true supporters.I know its not going to happen but the East End should be reopened to City supporters.With City doing so well this season its a crying shame!

crewe were the quiet ones.

if the plans of the east end went ahead and demolished

we wouldn't have this arguement about opening the east end.

just drill some big fat holes in the roof for the away fans and the noise

would just fade away.

According to Crewe fans today the most noise in the ground was made by that crazy announcer with the mike.Does he get on your nerves.I think he can be an embarrassment.Its a shame that the atmosphere has been diluted in the ground by restrictive measures.Ashton Gate has become a very sterile place for true supporters.I know its not going to happen but the East End should be reopened to City supporters.With City doing so well this season its a crying shame!

nope, there have been many announcers down there over the years most of which have been utter pants! Mark (i think) has been the best of the bunch for a long time and really gets the crowd going.

Got to be honest, sitting in the East end today ( first time for a while) we could'nt hear hardly any atmosphere from other parts of the ground. People say the williams is quiet but the Atyeo looked full of cardboard cut outs except for the last 5 mins.

It is bloody annoying that we have to have a bloke with a microphone trying to get us going.

:clapping: rock on tommy to right :clapping:

I'm not and never have been a fan of announcers trying to gee up the crowd or of music being played when we score - I think both detract from the atmosphere the crowd can make.

There have been signs of life in the atmosphere at the Gate in the last two games but there's a way to go yet.

Yeah he is very annoying and is not needed. I feel like cringing listening to him.

Not needed, your having a laugh, I fully support Mark and its a pleasure having him there to get the crowd going before the match starts and again at the start of the 2nd half.

Well done Mark, keep up the good work.

We make enough noise at away games without someone with a microphone so surely we can do it at home games too???

Yes you are quite right.Is it not strange that when we play away the atmosphere is much better and we make much more noise. Or so it seems!!!

Yes you are quite right.Is it not strange that when we play away the atmosphere is much better and we make much more noise. Or so it seems!!!

Very strange, I much prefer away games to be honest.

I can't believe you lot! Everybody moaned when he wasn't there for a

few weeks, now they are moaning that he's back. I sit in the Atyeo

and I say fair play to him. He gets the fans going for 5 minutes or

so before we go back into our usual silence.

God I hate the amount of generalising/exaggerating on this forum.

The bloke was an embarrassment - he made me feel like some school kid on a summer camp, the Crewe fans took the piss, the vocal support at AG is an embarrassment and what are the Club prepared to do to aid the problem? nothing.

Not needed, your having a laugh, I fully support Mark and its a pleasure having him there to get the crowd going before the match starts and again at the start of the 2nd half.

Well done Mark, keep up the good work.

Totally agree we do need a kick start sometimes, and that guy does a good job, fairplay to him. :city::city::city::city:

How many more times! :grr: It's reserved seating that's done away with the atmosphere. That's why our away support is so vocal - it is concentrated in a small area generally unreserved right behind the goal as we used to be at the East End. When I got my season ticket in the Atyeo no one from the club asked if I could sing! It's mostly the same for other home fans when we go away and that's why we out-sing 'em.

As for the announcer I think he does OK - much better than the bloke no one can hear.

Archived