IGNORED

Spoilt For Choice

Grannyjoy

Too many topcs here that I want to jump in on, so I thought I would start from scratch.

Today was the first game I have attended since Hartlepool - Who was that team today?

Conviction, self belief, confidence, effort, all were missing :D

Truth be told, the team did not play well. The defence were posted missing for both goals ( possibly missing Hill)- some of the players first touch was pathetic - seemed at times some were just not paying attention, and on being caught out, just shrugged shoulders ( great attitude? NOT)- the forwards spent half their time in the opposition half trying to pick up the ball because the service to them was so poor :me?:

The fans in general were superb , with most singing right to the end, even if the "Mouths" sitting behind me did leave early.

On the forum last week, you called for Roberts - you got him. you called for Lita - you got him - the only difference - pace was faster due to fresh legs, but nothing to show for the changes.

Too many players looking the business but not doing it.

I could say the only players showing determination were the 2 who were yellow carded, in fact I predicted 20 mins into the game that Miller was going to get himself sent off due to frustration, I have seen it before, and I know that frustration has been building since Tuesdays game due to actions off the park.

His frustration was not helped by hearing the crowd shout for Leroy, seeing him warm up, knowing it would be his number held up, and he would play no further part in the game

I'm not knowledgable enough to pick a team, but from some of the previous posts, yes , play Goodfellow, play Roberts keep Doherty, but give at least Brown, Peacock and Wilkshire a spell on the bench, on todays performance anyway.

As I said before, I am no expert, but I have been watching football long enough to recognise a good confident team when I see it , one whose players play for each other , and on todays performance , Bristol did not fit the bill.

Knowing the talent we have , I am sure this problem is not un fixable, but it will take a common sense approach by the management team, and it won't keep me away from Ashton Gate this Friday, even though it costs me in time off work and air flights.

• Admin

The Miller Peacock substitution anomoly had me delving deeper through all this season's match reports earlier. I was disappointed to learn tht having been picked together up top on 25 occasions in the League this season, Peacock has only been subbed ahead of Miller on one occasion (due to injury), they have both lasted the 90mins a mere two occasions and Miller has been subbed off ahead of Peacock a staggering 22 times! :me?:

There's a common saying in football that "strikers thrive on confidence" and I can't see how the above actions can cause anything but a reduction in confidence in Lee Miller. Hell, if it was me I'd be starting to question why the management even included me in the starting line-up :D

Ignoring the effect being brought off early affects Miller's confidence, it's not even as if Peacock has scored that many more than Miller (4 extra league goals) considering the faith the management team show in him.

Ignoring the effect being brought off early affects Miller's confidence, it's not even as if Peacock has scored that many more than Miller (4 extra league goals) considering the faith the management team show in him.
The management team seem intent on shattering Miller at the moment. I have no idea why they are treating him so appallingly, but it is truly dreadful to see a young, exciting talent having his confidence destroyed by poor man management.

Miller has been the better player of the striking pair on numerous occasions, yet, despite that, he has made way for Lita while Peacock has remained on the pitch.

It is this sort of favouritism towards players, despite the fact that they are below par, that is costing us dearly, not only in terms of points but in terms of team morale which, in the long term, will be far more damaging.

• Admin
"poor man management."

4 years of poor man management, 4 years of baffling and inept tactics and 4 years of bizarre post match comments.

IF, we fail to secure promotion this season and IF, Danny Wilson is still in charge next season, serving up this bland, Osman-esque style of football, then my season ticket money will be spent elsewhere and I'll just pick and choose the games I attend.

Apart from the first game of the season I have not left the ground (or an away ground) feeling entertained and I certainly feel that the performances (yes, even the wins) have been far from convincing.

Archived