IGNORED

Disabled Facilities

Chappers

Yesterday,a disabled friend of mine came to the Gate for the first time in 4 years. Prior to his illness, he had held a season ticket for about 30 years. Unfortunately, he could only get a ticket for the seats at the front of the Dolman Stand, and as a consequence, he saw about 50 minutes play, the other 40 being spent staring at lardy backsides as fans stood directly in front of these seats at the beginning and end of each half. I find it quite unbelievable that this can be allowed, and whilst the stewards seem happy to try and quietne some vocal supporters, seem unable to do a bit of basic crowd control. Also, are City actually aware of this (They soon will be!!!)?

I have never sat in the Dolman Stand, so do not have precise knowledge of the layout of these seats and access routes, so if anyone can enlighten me I would appreciate it. Also, has this ever been raised with the Supporters Trust before?

That's quite a coincedence, I spent the second half in the small section in front of A block and was really surprised to see exactly what you're talking about, virtually all of the disabled people postioned there suddenly lost their view. The stewards did absolutely nothing to prevent this!

All we here from this tin pot of a club are 'ground regulations', 'people behind you can't see' etc etc and yet they stand back and allow this kind of thing to go on unabated.

I love Bristol City the team, but I'm really starting to dislike Bristol City the club

Archived