IGNORED

Does Anyone On The Forum

Reds

Just wandering as the poor bloke seems to be getting a lot of stick now.

I'm not saying I love him or hate him, I have my own opinions, it would just be interested to see who rates him and who slates him?

Guest comeonyoureds

i still support him! but my opinion will have changed at the end of the season if it ends in failure again! then enough will be enough!

I still fully support DW, I do think however, that now is the time for him to really start earning his money and show the players who really is boss.

It would also be nice if he could get a couple of players in on loan for the rest of the season........ Just to give a few of our current players a kick up the Jacksie!!

There has got to be a few top class youngsters out there that aren't going to get a game just yet at Man Ure, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle and the likes.

But just a tip for DW, don't bother in asking Mickey Adams at Leicester, I think he may need all of his squad!!

Guest pentlandsl

You have to question a manager who blindly sticks by a striker like Lee Peacock who's contribution to the team is so woeful, particularly when there is a much better replacement in Leroy Lita available.

Danny Wilson is being hampered in taking us up to Div 1 by his misplaced loyalty to certain players. He should be more hard-nosed about his team selection and pick the players who actually have the willingness to be professional players rather than people who turn up to get paid at a football match. We want people in the red and white shirt willing to bust a gut for the club. This is not evident at the moment.

Prediction for Div 2:

QPR

Plymouth

Swindon

City

Like a lot of you, we don`t alway`s agree with his team

selection`s, but we think we have a good manager in ole

Danny. Like a lot of you have already said, Danny is too

loyal to certain players who need a ruddy good kick up

the A##! We must have the only fans in the world who

want their manager sacked after winning 11 in a row an

then losin` two! an drawin` one! Were ole feelin` upset

with our last three results, but slaggin` off the players an

the manager aint goin` to help one bit! Lets get behind the

boys an help them achive what we ole want "Promotion" :clap:

My opinions of him this season have changed quite a bit since last season. Many strange subsitutions, and baffling team tactics is what have helped to change my mind.

On that note however, I'm not about to call for the blokes head. A lot of the comments on this board since the last 3 games have changed dramatically. I'm not saying that everybody thought that Wilson was the best thing since sliced bread, he still had many supporters that believed that he wasn't the right man for the job.

Yes he picks the team and tactics, but once the players go out onto the pitch they have a responsibility to represent this club. They have a responsibility to get the results for this club.

From listening to the commentary yesterday it seemed that we were unlucky on a few occasions, hitting the post, bar and side netting.

I don't think that Wilson is entirely to blame. It's not his fault that the strikers are not gettting the goals. It's not his fault that Brown is one of the most inconsistant players in the league.

It's not the players' fault that they are continually picked by the manager, no matter how they perform. It's not the players' fault that they are on occasions played out of position.

My point is that both the management and the playing staff are as much to blame as the other.

Guest SteveinNC

I think DW should be given until the end of the season. Then, if we are still in Div 2, we must bring in new blood. DW has had plenty of time and also the backing of the board with money etc., to get this club promoted. No excuses! :clap:

I think the Board have supported him well and the fans have.I believe we must stick with him as we are too far in to the season.But failure must result in his immediate departure.As for his decision making I have never ever understood it and I believe poor decisions by him have damaged our chances this season and in previous ones.

i fully support danny but i think nows the time for him to get abit nasty& show the players he will not stand for the performances of the last 2games.3or4 players need a huge kick up the arse&if he doesnt hurry up & do it we will not go up

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

I fully support him overall apart from he can't see we're not scoring! He has won the LDV (not a major achievment but it's still a cup) got us 3rd in the league and lead us to a 11 game winning run and being 2nd in the league. He's not that bad!

He has to be the most consistent if regularly infuriating Managers we have ever had.

To make any change at this point would be ludicrous, he has my support and yet again I will say "there are far worse Managers out there" and they are no managers that would get the full support of any set of fans.

I fully support Danny and find it incredible that the ignorant minority are calling for change when we're 2nd in the table. I'm sure that the run of 11 wins - the second best run ever in our history - has caused embarrasment to the anti-Wilson campaigners. They looked foolish then and picking up their criticism again now simply makes them look more so.

Sorry chaps, but the world's greatest managers will not come to a second division club. Arsene or Sir Alex ain't coming. Like you and me, Danny makes mistakes.

Look at the table, calm down, and get behind everyone at the club.

I dont rate his man management skills, and aint for a while. That said he's got till the end of the season, and if we aint up, he has got to go! with the backing he has had, and money, he should have taken us up by now.

Luton Town are just out of the play offs, and this a side still in administration, which does put things in context.

Highest spenders in the div this season as well.

there is no point in binning him now, there aint no-one else around to sort it out.

One thing to think about here thogh:

Soime (A Lot?) of us want Tins to take the reins. The man has been a dedicated, loyal servant to City, and taking this mess on now, would be a poisoned chalice, and would destroy the relationship, we and he have had in the last ten years. This club should be aiming upwards but we are still struggling to get things right. Let Tins work his way up to it in time, and if he takes it on, please always support him. But unless he gets this, dont put him in the firing line- we all have had a go at various (all?) ex managers, and it wouldnt be right, to reward loyalty like that.

I've been sayin since we blew automatic promotion last season that there are definate questions to be asked over Wilson. The same thing seems to happen every season. Get ourselves into a decent position then shoot ourselves in the foot. It's an all to frequent pattern now and maybe the blame lies at Wilson's almost arrogance that we will go up.

This may sound rubbish but I support Wilson but am so dissapointed with a few of the players attitutes. It seems we have one of the best managers in the division who is willing to try and get our club out of this division but on certain occasions our players don't give %100 percent on the pitch and let Danny and the fans down. ... It wouldnt suprise me If Danny walked it at the end of the season even if we go up, we just aint good enough for Div !, plain and simple!

I have stated all season that I am unsure about Danny's tactics, selections at times, however, have supported him and indded, welcomed him signing a new contract.

That said, I am starting to believe that his stubborness to play certain players at the moment may ultimately cost us. I would really like to see him show his mettle and make some changes for Friday.

I still rate Peacock and Miller highly. However, for their own goods at least 1 of them needs to be out of the firing line.

I still long for the day where we see Miller and Roberts given another fair crack together as I still maintain this was the best PARTNERSHIP we have seen this season in terms of working off each other, reading the others movement etc.

Peacock's inability to adapt to a strike partner is his major weakness. I still think he has a very big part to play from the bench as I still am very unsure about Lita.

My team for Friday (for what it's worth would be) :-

Brown S

Carey, Coles, Fortune, Bell

Brown M, Tins, Doherty, Goodfellow

Roberts, Miller

Subs

Phillips

Hill

Wilkshire

Brown A

Peacock

You have to question a manager who blindly sticks by a striker like Lee Peacock who's contribution to the team is so woeful 

What a load of :clap: .Go and watch a game :clap: .Whatever his faults Peacock is non-stop.Yes Danny needs to freshen it up and he may rest Leapy but not for lack of effort. :clap:

Archived