IGNORED

Yesterdays Sending Off

WesM

I've just watched the O'Connor sending off incident again and I'm more bemused now than I was yesterday!

The decision was harsh and I think Crewe will be appealing?

Louis' challenge was two footed, but wasn't over the top of the ball and I wouldn't say any ill intent was there on his behalf either. He gets to the ball well before the Crewe player with a strong challenge, nothing wrong there in my eyes.

Both players slide in two-footed but Louis is fractionally ahead and does win the ball. Consequently the Crewe player connects with Louis' legs rather than the ball. It certainly looks like Louis could easily have gone instead of the Crewe player though. We're lucky that the ref went with what was probably the correct decision.

Both players slide in two-footed but Louis is fractionally ahead and does win the ball. Consequently the Crewe player connects with Louis' legs rather than the ball. It certainly looks like Louis could easily have gone instead of the Crewe player though. We're lucky that the ref went with what was probably the correct decision.

just seen it. bizarre decision - louis probably more at fault than the crewe player, and lucky to escape a card of any colour.

shame ref made wrong decision to take gloss off what sounds like a great game

Archived