IGNORED

Johnstone Paint Trophy

Stoke_Gifford_Red

I'd actually rather not play the Gas, i mean that would be over rated anyway, we would beat them by 3 or 4 but it would be a bit of a distraction and we wouldn't rest players plus i don't care about this cup. :razz:

Nah me either really.

I'd actually rather not play the Gas, i mean that would be over rated anyway, we would beat them by 3 or 4 but it would be a bit of a distraction and we wouldn't rest players plus i don't care about this cup. :razz:

Agreed. In fact I'm concerned that all of the forthcoming cup competitions could be an unwanted distraction right now.

Most seasons I'll drag myself along to the early rounds of the LDVAutoJohnsonsSherpaFreightRoverPaintTrophy and enthusiastically turn up for the League Cup and of course the FA Cup. But right now our grip on the top two in L1 just seems sooo delicate.....I just don't want anything else to get in the way.

Dunno about anyone else but it seems to me like the fight to get out of this league has gone on so long now that you start to doubt we'll ever do it. This season seems like the closest we'll get...our only chance...

I know there's the argument about a successful cup run helping to keep the winning habit alive, but right now I'm just thinking the more games you play the closer you are to your next defeat!

OK if we draw Rovers in the FreightBlahBlah I'll be there, but this is one season where I really do think we need to 'concentrate on the league'.

Agreed. In fact I'm concerned that all of the forthcoming cup competitions could be an unwanted distraction right now.

Most seasons I'll drag myself along to the early rounds of the LDVAutoJohnsonsSherpaFreightRoverPaintTrophy and enthusiastically turn up for the League Cup and of course the FA Cup. But right now our grip on the top two in L1 just seems sooo delicate.....I just don't want anything else to get in the way.

Dunno about anyone else but it seems to me like the fight to get out of this league has gone on so long now that you start to doubt we'll ever do it. This season seems like the closest we'll get...our only chance...

I know there's the argument about a successful cup run helping to keep the winning habit alive, but right now I'm just thinking the more games you play the closer you are to your next defeat!

OK if we draw Rovers in the FreightBlahBlah I'll be there, but this is one season where I really do think we need to 'concentrate on the league'.

still the pointless ldv trophy we won in 2003 did give us about half a million didnt it? Not a bad coup for a mickey mouse cup eh? :D

still the pointless ldv trophy we won in 2003 did give us about half a million didnt it? Not a bad coup for a mickey mouse cup eh? :D

Of course I understand the importance of the competition for the winners and well remember the fantastic win in 86 against Bolton as well as the Carlisle victory - but that wasn't the point. As I say, I feel like we have a fragile grasp on a top two place that has eluded us for the past 8 (eight!) seasons and I really don't want anything to get in the way this time!

About that, tonight how the hell is Gillingham - Forest regional, Notts County - Barnet likewise?

It's lost me.

Nottingham is, like, half way up innit! I guess in an arithmetical north/south split they got lucky and received the undeserved accolade as 'southerners'!

Ahhh, Shrewsbury, anyone remember about 20 years ago at Shrewsbury.4-0 down and about 500 City fans doing the dying fly on the terraces :rofl2br: those were the days :D

Ah yes, I remember that now you mention it, I'd forgotten all about that until you said!

Quite like to get Shrewsbury as I've never forgiven them to luring Moysie away!

heres the full draw

Ties will be played week commencing 30th October 2006.

S****horpe United v Port Vale

Mansfield Town v Grimsby Town

Accrington Stanley v Blackpool

Tranmere Rovers v Darlington

Oldham Athletic v Chesterfield

Chester City v Stockport County

Rochdale v Crewe Alexandra

Hartlepool United v Doncaster Rovers

Shrewsbury Town v Yeovil Town

Cheltenham Town v Barnet

Peterborough United v Swansea City

Wycombe Wanderers v Bristol Rovers

Leyton Orient v Bristol City

Brighton & Hove Albion v Milton Keynes Dons

Millwall v AFC Bournemouth

Nottingham Forest v Brentford

Terrific for me as a student in London! At least its a fairly easy draw, and we could still get Rovers in a later round.

Like rovers are going to win a second game in a row, in the same competition?? that happens once a year for the rovers!

Archived