IGNORED

Still Hope

Jono

Having recently Lost and drawn to two of the poorest teams in the division it is hard for the most ardent fans not to get just a little bit worried.

From the highs of an increible 11 match winning run to the lows of dropping points against lesser sides in the division is hard to swallow, to be honest I would have preffered a kick in the teeth.

The fact that the finish line is not to far around the corner, was a great prospect whilst we were winning, but now we are experiencing some poor form that only adds to the fear factor.

One thing that still gives me heart is that before we went on an 11 match unbeaten run we were all worried about our prospects, languishing 9th in the table. Now 2nd in the table we have more to lose, but now if we do succeed, the rewards are much bigger.

That one thing is that when we weren't setting the division on fire, we were still getting results against the better sides. In previous years, failing to pick up 3 points against fellow promotion rivals has been our biggest downfall, but this year it may be our saving grace.

If you take the current top six: Plymouth (a) W 0-1

QPR (a) D 1-1 (dodgy sending off and still looked like winning with 10 men) Swindon (h) W 2-0

Hartlepool (h) D 1-1 (a) W 1-2

Brighton (a) W 1-4

That is 14 points out of a possible 18 against the 5 closest teams to spoiling this year's party and only one of those results coming in our 11 match winning sequence. That is impressive which ever way you look at it.

Yes we need a kick up the arse, yes 1 point from nine against poor opposition is not good enough but we got 14 out of 18 points last time around when we weren't in good form, so if we find some form this time around who knows what will happen.

We should not only dream of promotion, we should be able to believe.

That said and done, there is a lot of sleep to be lost over the next few months but I hope to be able to look back from division one and say it was all worth while.

Guest bemmyred

I think the only way you can describe our 11 match winning run as incredible was due to the fact that it was achieved by many inept displays against mainly bottom half teams !!!!

It also included some great moments like Lita's 2 late goals at brentford and aaron's late winner at Grimsby. Not to mention a win away at hartlepool, which few sides have achieved. But remember it how you like, in fact I agree, what a Cr@p 11 match winning run it was!

Archived