IGNORED

Internet Audio For Forest Match?

Scrumpadelic

Greetings to you all from Canada. First time posting- although I always pop in for a read. Really need to find a way to catch the game today. A couple of weeks ago, someone posted a link to their Match Live console and it was great to be able to hear The City playing. Anyone have anything today please?.... COME ON CITY!!!

Sucks. Being in Canada, t'internet is the only way I have- I'm listening to BBCBristol right now but it will switch off right at kick-off.Only hope is that someone will forget to flick switch. Wish they had someone like me working there :laugh:.

Yep it sucks, just pulled this from the BBC web site

Unfortunately, due to rights issues we will have to 'blank out' the coverage on BBC Radio during certain events.

This includes our local radio football commentary.

Charles Runcie, Head of Sport for BBC English Regions, explains.

"The reason we cannot put our excellent local radio football commentaries on BBC sites is that the copyright for them is owned by the sports rights holder, the Football League.

"They effectively 'license' us to do radio commentaries, for which we pay annual fees direct to the clubs.

"The clubs themselves own the rights to put their audio commentaries of their matches on the internet, not the BBC.

"They have all chosen to sign a deal with a company that run their websites."

"When the BBC and a football club agree a commentary deal, reflected in this is the provision for a club to request to use this commentary on their website."

"The BBC is under no obligation to provide this, but usually does so at no cost to us."

"Nor does the BBC make any money from this - it is part of a contract with a football club."

"The Football League's website partner has recently developed technology to allow for "pay per view" elements of club websites - this is increasingly the case with websites worldwide."

"In difficult financial times for football clubs they must find additional revenue streams to finance the day-to-day running of the club, so they have decided to put not only internet commentaries for all their action, but video highlights, a searchable video archive and other video and audio news, interviews and features in a PPV part of their site."

So, in a nutshell, we cannot put commentary, goals or highlights on the site for you to listen to.

Why weren't you lot at the game??? missed a cracking match!

Here's the link:- save it to your favourites for the next match, or just get down the ground.

http://matchlive.safc.premiumtv.co.uk/mlex...ome.html?reload

Select the match you want to listen to, then select the club badge in the bottom left corner.

Ash, have you got to be a member of World for that or is it a free for all ? I'm a bit naive about these techno things !!

Archived