Rushed On Anne Diamond

City Rocker

Bit of a shakeup required on Friday. How about something a bit like this:

Phillips

Woodman Hill (if fit) or Fortune Coles Bell

Roberts Doherty Tinnion Goodfellow

Lita Miller

Subs: Peacock, Wilkshire, Fortune/Carey, Stowell

Strikers: Peacock needs a kick up the backside while Leroy could take confidence from a place in the starting lineup.

Right wing: Roberts, though not a winger, looked lively and up for it at Stockport and on another day could have created problems.

Left wing: at this crucial stage we can't risk another woeful performance from Aaron like those at Stockport and against Wycombe. Goodfellow's shown he can deliver telling balls from the left, even if he has to cut inside to do it.

Left back: controversial choice, but Bell looked well up for it at Stockport and will be desparate to impress.

Right back: Also controversial with Woodman not being a natural on the right, but Carey's been poor in recent games in my opinion and this is about shaking things up.

Phillips

Woodman  Hill (if fit) or Fortune  Coles  Bell

Roberts  Doherty  Tinnion Goodfellow

Lita  Miller

Strikers: Peacock needs a kick up the backside while Leroy could take confidence from a place in the starting lineup.

Right wing: Roberts, though not a winger, looked lively and up for it at Stockport and on another day could have created problems.

Left wing: at this crucial stage we can't risk another woeful performance from Aaron like those at Stockport and against Wycombe. Goodfellow's shown he can deliver telling balls from the left, even if he has to cut inside to do it.

Left back: controversial choice, but Bell looked well up for it at Stockport and will be desparate to impress.

Right back: Also controversial with Woodman not being a natural on the right, but Carey's been poor in recent games in my opinion and this is about shaking things up.

Thats a very sensible balanced side you've picked CR.

Unfortunately, with Danny Wilson as manager its highly unlikely. The only way Wilson will drop Peacock, is if he attempts a firemans lift on him.

Benching Aaron Brown may be a better shout, in Danny's opinion. Danny's opinion, god I want to cry :clap:

Christ when did Mickey Bell turn into a hate figure? Always been a solid enough L.b probably better goin forward.Picked for players team of the season more than once,far better player than Woody who looks caught in the headlites every time i see him play.

I like yr team City Rocker,and it does seem obvious that Freezer is a left winger and Roberts can do a good job on right,bit of width, decent ball in .......You know Dannys going to play Leapy whatever fans think.Maybe with some good service him and Windy can get us back on track.

Joe Burnell is a right back,and would die for City.Unfairly judged as a midfielder I reckon he deserves a run at R.B.Any one else??

No Micky Bell.. NO!

Rodney Jack ripped him to pieces last year, he's a year older and a year slower now!

Totally agree. Actually Rushden probably has the best striker pairing in the Division, Lowe is even better than Jack (ask rovers 6 goals is 4 games against them). I remember him tearing up my local team (Seattle Sounders) a few years back when he was with Rochester.

No way Bell can stay with either of these guys, in fact I don't think Butler is the man either. Would like to see Hill or Fortune pair with Coles. Back four needs to include both Woodman and Fortune. With Hill if fit and Carey if not.

No way Bell should even be in the squad on Friday.

As far as bell being a "hate figure" It started for me a couple seasons ago when he was fat, slow and uninterested. He waits till the end of his contract to start playing, I think not should have been let go ages ago.

Thats why the papers had Robbo, Mickey B , and the Doc as our best players all on a 7. The rest were on 6, fair comment I feel too.Mickey B, in particular knows all about the highs and lows of this ###### division, give him a good run in the side, he has that rare thing in our side, much experience, it maybe what we need.

Fail to understand any logic with this statement! How on earth could he look lively" and "Up for It" yet fail to create any chances?

The bloke has never looked up for it when I have seen him play and that statement just about confirms it!

Fail to understand any logic with this statement! How on earth could he look lively" and "Up for It" yet fail to create any chances?

The bloke has never looked up for it when I have seen him play and that statement just about confirms it!

He did create chances, more so than anyone else in the side, but it was an inept display from most, no one was making anything from them. Robbo came close himself with a thunderous shot just over.

Roberts along with Doc and Bell were the only ones to turn in anything like a decent performance. On that basis I think he should keep his place.

Take the point about Bell though, up against Rushden's pace.

Phillips

Woodman  Hill (if fit) or Fortune  Coles  Bell

Roberts  Doherty  Tinnion Goodfellow

Lita  Miller

Given that the manager is unlikely to drop both of his golden children, perhaps we could compromise, by only leaving one out for now i.e. Peacock.

I would like to see:

........................................Phillips........................................

Carey...................Coles....................Fortune...................Hill

Roberts...............Doherty..................Tinnion.............A Brown

..........................Miller...................Goodfellow......................

Subs:

Lita

Butler

Woodman

Peacock

Wilkshire

I think it was Godzilla who put forward the idea of playing Goodfellow up front and, bearing in mind that Stoke fans told us he was a left winger or a striker, when we first signed him, surely it wouldn't hurt to try him in one of his favoured positions.

Marc's pace feeding off Miller's flick ons, would cause a lot of problems and would leave us less reliant on service from the flanks, which just isn't happening with the line up we've seen of late.

Miller would be a man reborn with genuine pace alongside him, I'm sure of that and Goodfellow is in scoring form, so give him a go.

Let's face it, this team couldn't be any worse than we've seen of late, in terms of attacking potency.

I'd agree with that team edson except maybe put Hill back in central defence where he works so well with Coles.

Hill doesn't have good enough distribution or attacking qualities to be a left back. Fortune is very versatile and I've always been impressed when he's played at left/right back.

Goofellow has a knack for scoring it seems, so putting him upfront would do no harm.

I'd agree with that team edson except maybe put Hill back in central defence where he works so well with Coles.

Hill doesn't have good enough distribution or attacking qualities to be a left back. Fortune is very versatile and I've always been impressed when he's played at left/right back.

I would agree about Hill, though he did get forward well against Wrexham and his passing and distribution to Aaron was much improved. If only Aaron hadn't sat so deep on far too many occasions, it could have been even more productive.

I put Hill there because Rodney Jack is a menace down the right wing and we need pace in our left back to combat that. Is Fortune or, for that matter, Woodman as quick as Matty? I honestly don't know the answer to that.

Archived