IGNORED

Basso

wookey

I was sat just behind Gary Johnson in the main stand.

In the first half I saw, and Gary must have seen, Basso repeatably put his hands up to his eyes to shield them from the sun.

I suspect that was the reason for the first goal.

So, why oh why didn't he wear a baseball cap?

Thats 2 goals from free kicks in 2 weeks- this says to me that either the wall is not doing its job or we need to stick someone on the post.........

Personally I do not think we are putting big enough players in the wall and I would have McCombe in there, if the free kicks direct.....

The ball actually skimmed off the wall! I reckon that Basso could well have saved it if it did not take a deflection.

Seemed to me that the glance off one of our players in the wall added pace to the shot and the slight change in direction made it harder to save. It was not as great a free kick as everyone makes out - more than an element of luck in it.

That said, I noticed that our defenders too were struggling with the sun when the ball went in the air during the first half. Steve Phillips always used to have a baseball cap for these eventualities. That's one thing at least that Basso could learn from him!

The ball actually skimmed off the wall! I reckon that Basso could well have saved it if it did not take a deflection.

Seemed to me that the glance off one of our players in the wall added pace to the shot and the slight change in direction made it harder to save. It was not as great a free kick as everyone makes out - more than an element of luck in it.

That said, I noticed that our defenders too were struggling with the sun when the ball went in the air during the first half. Steve Phillips always used to have a baseball cap for these eventualities. That's one thing at least that Basso could learn from him!

If he could kick a football properley it would never have been a free kick anyway.

• Admin

If he could kick a football properley it would never have been a free kick anyway.

What are you on about ?

Forest broke away from a City attack, Scott Brown lost his footing, then Woodman brought the Forest player down - Basso had not touched the ball for ages prior to the goal ! :grr:

Corner? I thought it went mid to right of the goal, the nick took it above basso i thought :unsure:

I mean pushed it up and more to Basso's Right which is where the wall should have been protecting.

Archived