IGNORED

Evening Post Ratings

GrahamC

Has anyone else read this today with disbelief?

All our players bar two were rated 5/10, every Forest player was given a minimum of 7/10, sort of makes you wonder how the game ended up a tight 1-0, not a 4-0 win, doesn't it?

On a similar topic at Brentford every single City player got 6/10, what is the proabability of none of them playing better than a colleague? Pretty slim, I'd have thought.

If it isn't going to be worth doing properly why don't they scrap it?

Has anyone else read this today with disbelief?

All our players bar two were rated 5/10, every Forest player was given a minimum of 7/10, sort of makes you wonder how the game ended up a tight 1-0, not a 4-0 win, doesn't it?

On a similar topic at Brentford every single City player got 6/10, what is the proabability of none of them playing better than a colleague? Pretty slim, I'd have thought.

If it isn't going to be worth doing properly why don't they scrap it?

I did see that too. Thought that it was a joke. Reports that we outplayed them in parts then gives our players poo ratings......didn't News of World put Johnson and Carey in Team of Day for Div 1? News of the World may suck but they do get the sports right!! Who did the ratings the Evening Post or that Kevin Brake?

I did see that too. Thought that it was a joke. Reports that we outplayed them in parts then gives our players poo ratings......didn't News of World put Johnson and Carey in Team of Day for Div 1? News of the World may suck but they do get the sports right!! Who did the ratings the Evening Post or that Kevin Brake?

If Johnson and Carey were in NoW team of the day then what about McCombe? Thought he was immense at times and one tackle down in the left back area in the second half was in the Bobby Moore bracket!

• Admin

From the player ratings it made it sound like we did not play very well.

Mostly 5's then it gives 9 for atmos and entertainment.

Yes we all have different opinions but how any fan can say we played so "averagely" is amazing !

Why do the EP have fans writing the section anyway - you're never goin gto get a consistent report if numerous different people write over a season.

If Johnson and Carey were in NoW team of the day then what about McCombe? Thought he was immense at times and one tackle down in the left back area in the second half was in the Bobby Moore bracket!

As I said in the review, we were far better in the second half and our defence improved as Forest retreated and tried to play on the break.We had to be watchful and I thought Keogh improved things when he replaced Orr.

In short, to many crosses from deep positions, not the byeline and nobody to aim at until the last ten minutes.I said last week that I was concerned about our lack of options up front and I'm afraid that came home to roost. :(

Ah, Ratings in the post-comments that is, are heavily edited and it depends who's doing them.

For the record it wasn't me.

more to the point was he/she at the match or just watching highlights?!

i was at both forest and brentford and the earlier poster is spot on - we were well under par at brentford compared to saturday. I would say the marks for brentford were only marginally too generous compared to sats which were well off.

:disapointed2se:

I think Mr Kevin Brake must have serious PMT, did he actually see the same game as us, how can he possibly give those stupid marks out of ten, the lads played extremely well considering our injury problems, (and the referee) and both teams put on a great display of football. I suggest Mr Brake needs help big time!

:doh:

As I said in the review, we were far better in the second half and our defence improved as Forest retreated and tried to play on the break.We had to be watchful and I thought Keogh improved things when he replaced Orr.

In short, to many crosses from deep positions, not the byeline and nobody to aim at until the last ten minutes.I said last week that I was concerned about our lack of options up front and I'm afraid that came home to roost. :(

Just watched the Luton demolition of Leeds - it seemed that all the goals came from the bye-line. I suppose the second against Crewe would count. Reinforces my opinion that JMW should be wide left and Jevons should be playing up front with er....um....

I was so incensed when I read these ratings I would have started this thread myself if one had not already existed.

Now I respect people have different opinions on games but this latest set of ratings by this particular supporter were in my opinion a joke, the "below par AGAIN" comment on Louis Carey surely must have been some kind of mis print or typing error.

I don't like these fans rating why can't they be completed by the reporting journalist at the game.

• Admin

Incidentally, I've heard that the Evening Post does not allow their "match raters" to give marks lower than 5/10 so all these players got the worst mark that they were allowed to be given.

Was it really our worst performance of the season?

Typical knee-jerk reaction from the pencil headed twerp.

Probably found him in a pub .They lost therefore they MUST be Sh*t* !

kevin brake has done the fans comment for quite a while now, he's ratings sometimes just totally begger belief, what the normal reporter doesn't do it I don't know,

kevin brake has done the fans comment for quite a while now, he's ratings sometimes just totally begger belief, what the normal reporter doesn't do it I don't know,

In Kevs defence he is stating his own opinion. He is a season ticket holder and goes to home and away matches so maybe he sees more of players than some others. Its just about opinions same as this forum really. No point getting het up about it.

In Kevs defence he is stating his own opinion. He is a season ticket holder and goes to home and away matches so maybe he sees more of players than some others. Its just about opinions same as this forum really. No point getting het up about it.

he is wrong - i cant see how 9 players only got 5 yet we lost due to an individual error.

• Admin

That has nothing to do with the fact that he BLATANTLY got this one wrong !

I still think if fans are going to do these reports they should keep to the same person so the reports are consistent

Incidentally, I've heard that the Evening Post does not allow their "match raters" to give marks lower than 5/10 so all these players got the worst mark that they were allowed to be given.

Was it really our worst performance of the season?

Not sure this is true Madger. Some Gas players got a couple of 4's the other week.

MM

Archived