IGNORED

Strike Rate

sh1t_ref_again

Whilst not wanting to join the "sack everybody" and lynch the manager, we lost a game brigade. I was looking at the strike rate of our 2 frontmen, who when LP is on form is a good striker and Miller will prove to be a good buy, but the stats speak for themselves

Since the start of the winning run against Stockport 14 games ago LP has scored 4 and LM scored 2 despite starting all of these games and being on the sharp end of a team with a 11 match winning run............not much of a return. LP seems to have totally lost confidence. In this period 20 goals have been scored but only 6 by our main pair off centre forwards.

So the solution is obvious....is it?

I think the shortage of goals is and will continue to be a problem, I don't think robins or cureton were the answer, although easy to say now what if. Lita is most effective coming on against tired legs and does not hold the ball up or cover enough ground closing players down, Roberts may be an option or a loan signing may be whats needed, as long as it does not have the fagan effect.

Midfield is now unsettled with Wiltshire coming back form OZ, the selection needs to be LW or tinman alongside TD, but not all 3 with MG coming back on the wing

Aaron Brown may have had poorer games in the last 2 but generally recently has been some of his best form, so needs to continue

Defence.... LC, DC, MH, CW brings pace back into the side with TB & MB on the bench.

but, a win against Rushden, a bit of confidence back........and the promise land of Div 1 here we come

Marc Goodfellow should start ahead of Luke Wilkshire as Goodfellow scores and is capable of scoring more goals than Wilkshire. Drop Lee Peacock at half time against Rushden if he hasn't scored. Bring on Lita with 30 minutes to go.

Up the City

I agree, but why start Peacock. Why continue playing him 'just in case' he gets his form back.

I agree, but why start Peacock.  Why continue playing him 'just in case' he gets his form back.

Got to agree with Wilson and the Lita himself on this one - Lita is not strong enough to play a full game. I'm totally disappointed and disillusioned with Peacock at the moment but he's got to start to soak up the battering that Lita would otherwise take, then bring on the fresh legs of Lita in the second half to do what Peacock cannot i.e. score a gaol or two :clap:

Not sure that Peacock's future lies as a front line striker at BCFC much longer due to his lack of contribution to our goal tally. Wish we could sign Mooney from the Swinedon to replace Peacock.

Up the City

Not sure that Peacock's future lies as a front line striker at BCFC much longer due to his lack of contribution to our goal tally. Wish we could sign Mooney from the Swinedon to replace Peacock.

Up the City

The door Mr Peacock, please close it on your way out, thank you.

I would personally prefer Sam Parkin meself, but either way..

Archived